bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
Hi there,

Just wondering. Is the your information on the COPR all correct?

My original entry date on the COPR is dated as my second entry. I found out when I called CIC agent to schedule an appointment for landing so I asked her about it. She asked me to send tge COPR back to Ottawa and have them changed. May take another month for this extra progress.

I asked around and found out that this is a very common error and the boarder will just ignore it. However some were saying it would affect later on when applying for citizenship or pension etc.

I would probably be patient to get it changed anyway but just wondering if anyone here have the similar situation.

Thank you!
I just noticed that the fields Last Entry at, Last Entry date and Orig. entry date are all blank on my COPR. Looks like I'll need to get it corrected as well. Will it take a month for them to process this? Do you know if we can book an appointment for landing and have them correct it?

Last edited:

CasL

Apr 7, 2018
I just noticed that the fields Last Entry at, Last Entry date and Orig. entry date are all blank on my COPR. Looks like I'll need to get it corrected as well. Will it take a month for them to process this? Do you know if we can book an appointment for landing and have them correct it?
When I spoke to the CIC agent, she said I have two options:
1, send the COPR back to Ottawa and have them corrected. Then do the landing. That would take approximately 1 month.
2, Go ahead and do the landing. And then apply for the Amend Request to change the dates on COPR which will take min 6 months.
The CIC agent doesn't know whether the dates can be changed or not when landing.
Are you planning on landing at the broader or going to the office?

bibinpanicker

Star Member
Jun 30, 2017
Category........
CEC
Job Offer........
Yes
When I spoke to the CIC agent, she said I have two options:
1, send the COPR back to Ottawa and have them corrected. Then do the landing. That would take approximately 1 month.
2, Go ahead and do the landing. And then apply for the Amend Request to change the dates on COPR which will take min 6 months.
The CIC agent doesn't know whether the dates can be changed or not when landing.
Are you planning on landing at the broader or going to the office?
I am planning to land at border. I think I will proceed with the landing next month and then apply for Amendment of COPR. Meanwhile I can ask at the border if they will correct the document and, if there is one, update the online record.

CasL

Apr 7, 2018
I am planning to land at border. I think I will proceed with the landing next month and then apply for Amendment of COPR. Meanwhile I can ask at the border if they will correct the document and, if there is one, update the online record.
Sounds good. I may do the landing first (border or office depend on the time)

Reactions: bibinpanicker

CasL

Apr 7, 2018
I can understand. I waited for a while and gave up. Will try later.
Yeah. I called this morning since 8 am and the 5th time the system can finally connect me to an agent. Then after 40 min on hold I finally can speak with a person.

May end up with going to the border.

Last edited:

soulrebelhere

Aug 24, 2017
Stream: CEC - Inland
PPR Date: Mar 12, 2018
Passport sent to CPC Ottawa: Apr 06, 2018
Passport Delivered to CPC Ottawa: April 11, 2018
PR application details in MyCIC changed to approved:April 18, 2018
Return Tracker Activated Date: Waiting
COPR delivered: Waiting

Reactions: bibinpanicker