+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports to CIC Ottawa: March 2017

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
bmandavia said:
I am bit of relieved now.

So you are saying that your passport was recieved last wednsday. but, when did you submit? because I submitted my passport last wednsday.

You will get your passport back shorlty.
I submitted the documents in a Canada post center 18th March and it was received in Ottawa (in the incorrect address) on 23rd. Not sure if thats what you are asking for.

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
Canadaexp said:
Did you send your passport to P.O.Box address? Did you send from Canada or USA? I heard if my mailing address in canada I have to send courier to P.O.Box address. But my agent sent to 365 Laurier Avenue.. what to do? Do they return my passport without stamp? Or just take more time..
It will come back with COPR. I made the same mistake by sending it to the address where US passports are processed. Today I have the confirmation from call center that my COPR is printed and is sent back.I should receive this tomorrow.

schemingon

Star Member
Feb 19, 2014
schemingon said:
It will come back with COPR. I made the same mistake by sending it to the address where US passports are processed. Today I have the confirmation from call center that my COPR is printed and is sent back.I should receive this tomorrow.
Yes. It took couple more days for me compared to what I see in other timelines. But wont take much time.

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
schemingon said:
Which number did you try? What is the options in call to reach an agent?

bmandavia

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA received 16th Dec 2016
AOR Received.
12th Jan 2017
schemingon said:
Ok. Out of my curiosity, I called CIC again.

My COPR was printed today and it is already sent out. So the incorrect address turned out not to be a big issue.
Wow! that's good to here. Plz keep us posted when you get your passport back

bmandavia

Feb 25, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Nomination.....
ITA received 16th Dec 2016
AOR Received.
12th Jan 2017
schemingon said:
I submitted the documents in a Canada post center 18th March and it was received in Ottawa (in the incorrect address) on 23rd. Not sure if thats what you are asking for.
Yes that's what I meant. Thanks for your reply thuogh

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
Just to confirm, the expiry date on the counterfoil becomes invalid once we get our PR cards right?

I logged into my CIC and saw an addition column with an expiry date for my counterfoil document. I'm assuming one must land before the expiry date.

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
Canadaexp said:
Did you send your passport to P.O.Box address? Did you send from Canada or USA? I heard if my mailing address in canada I have to send courier to P.O.Box address. But my agent sent to 365 Laurier Avenue.. what to do? Do they return my passport without stamp? Or just take more time..
PO box one since I am sending from within Canada

lifein360

Jan 23, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
Jan 17, 2017
Med's Done....
Feb 20, 2017
Passport Req..
Mar 20, 2017
VISA ISSUED...
Mar 24, 2017
LANDED..........
Apr 23, 2017
BA2LAMAZ said:
Just to confirm, the expiry date on the counterfoil becomes invalid once we get our PR cards right?

I logged into my CIC and saw an addition column with an expiry date for my counterfoil document. I'm assuming one must land before the expiry date.
Yup. It's the date your medicals also expire. I have till Jan 2018 lol

Canadaexp

Star Member
Jul 27, 2016
Hi Anyone who is still waiting for passport back from Ottawa.?
Timeline
Passport submit: 20 Mar 2017
Passport recieved: 21 Mar 2017
My representative submitted my passport to 365 Laurier Avenue address. I am living in toronto, but she sent my passport to this address, not to P.O.Box address.. I don't know how long it takes for them to issue COPR... anyone who has similar timeline and still waiting for passport back from Ottawa..

SonyaWins

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Canadaexp said:
Hi Anyone who is still waiting for passport back from Ottawa.?
Timeline
Passport submit: 20 Mar 2017
Passport recieved: 21 Mar 2017
My representative submitted my passport to 365 Laurier Avenue address. I am living in toronto, but she sent my passport to this address, not to P.O.Box address.. I don't know how long it takes for them to issue COPR... anyone who has similar timeline and still waiting for passport back from Ottawa..
Oh wow!

That's taking a long time.

Have you reached out to CIC?

I made the same mistake myself, Ottawa received my application on the 24th

SonyaWins

Star Member
Dec 23, 2016
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
schemingon said:
Have you gotten your passport?