Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
BA2LAMAZ said:
I'll add that this comes 24 hours later
How was your landing experience? I'm assuming you went to the border near Surrey?

BA2LAMAZ

Champion Member
Feb 25, 2016
miuonpak said:
How was your landing experience? I'm assuming you went to the border near Surrey?
My landing experience was easier and smoother than I thought. I flag poled on foot at Point Roberts/Boundary Bay border at around 7pm.

A friend dropped me off and I walked literally 4 mins to the US border and was asked what I wanted to do and I said flagpole and active my PR. He gave me a white rejection slip (ps: I have a US visa but didnt mention as the rejection was just on the white paper) and asked me to come into the office. I came in and waited for about 5 mins and another officer came and attended to me. He checked my passport and asked me a few questions and directed me to the Canadian side which is another 2 min walk.

On the Canadian side, I handed the officer my COPR, passport and work permit. He took them in and came back about 5 mins later. Asked me some basic questions. Made a copy of my work permit and made a hole in the original one and said I no longer needed it. Told me what being a PR entails and went over a 2-page handout with me. I asked about the incorrect last date of entry on my COPR but he said it wasn't an issue. He told me the card could take up to 12 weeks to arrive. They were all nice and friendly at every point (thank God!).

I walked out of there in about 15 minutes a Permanent Resident!! :)

miuonpak

Star Member
Dec 21, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
January 21, 2017
BA2LAMAZ said:
My landing experience was easier and smoother than I thought. I flag poled on foot at Point Roberts/Boundary Bay border at around 7pm.

A friend dropped me off and I walked literally 4 mins to the US border and was asked what I wanted to do and I said flagpole and active my PR. He gave me a white rejection slip (ps: I have a US visa but didnt mention as the rejection was just on the white paper) and asked me to come into the office. I came in and waited for about 5 mins and another officer came and attended to me. He checked my passport and asked me a few questions and directed me to the Canadian side which is another 2 min walk.

On the Canadian side, I handed the officer my COPR, passport and work permit. He took them in and came back about 5 mins later. Asked me some basic questions. Made a copy of my work permit and made a hole in the original one and said I no longer needed it. Told me what being a PR entails and went over a 2-page handout with me. I asked about the incorrect last date of entry on my COPR but he said it wasn't an issue. He told me the card could take up to 12 weeks to arrive. They were all nice and friendly at every point (thank God!).

I walked out of there in about 15 minutes a Permanent Resident!! :)

Congrats! Did they take away the CoPR or you could keep it?

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
SonyaWins said:
PPR - March 22nd
PP sent - March 23rd
PP received - March 24th
PP approved - March 30th
PP returned - April 4th
Landed - April 5th
How was your landing experience?

kb15

Feb 6, 2017
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11/01/2017
Doc's Request.
Schedule A- March 20/2017
AOR Received.
11/01/2017
Med's Done....
17/02/2017
Passport Req..
24/03/2017
VISA ISSUED...
31/03/2017
LANDED..........
08/04/2017
Received passport back today.
Canada post tracker was activated al the end time but was not updated till delivery.

Nilkanth Lucky

Star Member
Feb 5, 2016
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-02-2016
Doc's Request.
July, 2016
Nomination.....
September, 2016
AOR Received.
October, 2016
IELTS Request
upfront
Med's Request
upfront
Passport Req..
08-03-2017
VISA ISSUED...
30-03-2017
LANDED..........
08-04-2017
I would like to share my landing experience at Niagara Rainbow bridge.

Date: April 8, 2017.
Place: Rainbow bridge, Niagara
How: By walk
First of all we need two quarters (50 cents) per person to open the gate at Canada side. Please insert one by one otherwise it won't open.
Walk all the way to USA side and went inside the office. Informed them here for complete the landing process (flag polling) and gave them passports. (No one ask for Visa. I had visa though). They fill out refusal white slip and gave us back and told us to follow same path back to Canada side. Within 5 min we were done at USA side.Walked all the way back to Canada side. Officer called us one by one and asked the passport, may ask permits and reason to visit Canada and some normal questions. Informed him again about PR landing process. Officer will fill out yellow paper and guide to the office building. Once we reached there and they asked passport and yellow slip and told us to wait until someone call us. After sometime officer called us and asked normal usual questions and address proof and told us again to wait until she call you back. Now final time she called us and we signed COPR and gave them back. She kept one and gave us our copy back and explain about SIN, Health card renewal process and out of Canada travel process. I asked them what to do with work permit, she said it no longer valid if you do not want i can shred it for you here. I handed out them permits. She said Congratulations and we were out of the office. Whole process on Canada side took 2 hours because it was Saturday and busy day. We will get our PR card within 6 to 7 weeks.
Hope this will help someone.
Thank you.
Good luck. :)

pankaj281

Star Member
Dec 22, 2015
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Passport sent: May 20, 2017
Passport delivered to Ottawa: May 24, 2017

Waiting to hear back since then.

adeeltax

Apr 21, 2014
Passports sent: May 23, 2017
Passports delivered to Ottawa: May 24, 2017
Application Approved - CIC online account: May 30, 2017
Return Tracker activated as processed from Ottawa: Jun 01, 2017 - by the late evening
Hopefully, will receive them soon...
Good luck everyone.

wolf1989

Star Member
Jun 1, 2017
Hi,

My country of residence is USA. So while sending passport to CIC- ottawa, do I mention on my fedex application that it contains passport?

Also, return shipping label can not be FedEx I heard. Which is the best courier for return shipping.

Thanks,
Amit