+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passports Stamps

mery15

Aug 12, 2015
Hello All,
I noticed this topic was discussed a lot in the past, but I have a few questions that I could find an answer for them for my interview.
- First, I have a few stamps from Turkey. They are written in the Roman letters so the dates and the port of entry are clear, but the word ( Arrival/Departure) is written in Turkish. Do I have to translate those or it is not big deal?
- Second, My wife doesn't have her previous expired passport which covers the first two years of our eligibility period. What issues does that will cause us?

Thanks

Alberto SK

Feb 22, 2018
My understanding was that if stamps can be read by officer (letters are roman) or their dates are out of eligibility period then they do not require translation.

mery15

Aug 12, 2015
Thanks
Does anyone knows if I can use friend who is Not translator but able to do it, if he submits an Affidavit with it?
Thanks

Can-Da

Apr 13, 2018
Thanks
Does anyone knows if I can use friend who is Not translator but able to do it, if he submits an Affidavit with it?
Thanks
I called an agent for the stamp translation one week ago and he told me that the stamps can be translated by a friend and then notarized to be official.
Good luck

prash42

Jun 1, 2014
Arrival stamps are in blue, and departures in red. Not sure if that is a global standard, which the reviewing officer will accept.

Hello All,
I noticed this topic was discussed a lot in the past, but I have a few questions that I could find an answer for them for my interview.
- First, I have a few stamps from Turkey. They are written in the Roman letters so the dates and the port of entry are clear, but the word ( Arrival/Departure) is written in Turkish. Do I have to translate those or it is not big deal?
- Second, My wife doesn't have her previous expired passport which covers the first two years of our eligibility period. What issues does that will cause us?

Thanks

bucajack

Star Member
Apr 2, 2018
Hello All,

Thanks
Giris - Entry
Cikis - Exit

I traveled to Turkey a lot when I lived in Ireland. My parents own a place on the coats there. I had so many of those stamps in my old passport.