+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS / COPIES TO CPC-OTTAWA IN DECEMBER 2015 - LETS CONNECT!!

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zorroo said:
They have done this mistake for a lot of inland PR applicants! Right now not at all since we are not able to claim the time we have spent in canada before landing for our future citizenship application. In case that rules change and we gonna be able to claim for this time it could be a matter of consideration. However, CIC have all of our information based on UCI number and I think it should not be a problem even in future citizenship application. I would appreciate if anybody else who has a experience in this matter, share his/her opinion with us.

your info is true. i have same problem with landing date which shows my 3rd entry in to canada and not my first entry.
and they are not correcting it when you land so leave it.

witchkiki

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
My last entry date is also incorrect. It shows 2012, but actually it is 2014. Should it be a problem or just leave it?

sukhdeep1234

Star Member
Mar 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
witchkiki said:
My last entry date is also incorrect. It shows 2012, but actually it is 2014. Should it be a problem or just leave it?
Just leave it as I was told by officer during landing as it does not matter (she said).

dennyK

Jun 10, 2015
I did my landing this Sunday. But I just heard that the officer was supposed to ask if I am bringing a lot of money or valuables in that can be tax-free, is that right?

But I was not asked that, Does anyone know if I can still bring things in tax-free in the near future? and is there a time limit or something like that?

KelChiAvan

Star Member
Sep 16, 2015
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
August 22, 2015
Passport Req..
January 15, 2016
VISA ISSUED...
Februray 03, 2016
LANDED..........
Sometime in March
dennyK said:
I did my landing this Sunday. But I just heard that the officer was supposed to ask if I am bringing a lot of money or valuables in that can be tax-free, is that right?

But I was not asked that, Does anyone know if I can still bring things in tax-free in the near future? and is there a time limit or something like that?
If you travelled out of Canada and returning back to Canada. On your declaration card, you would need to declare if you have purchased i think items worth over $100. The CBSA officers most tyms check your bags to look for new items, jewellry, clothes, shoes. If its over $100 you would be charged taxes on it. The thing is always read the declaration card properly before signing off anything because the CBSA officers consider it a legal document.

dennyK

Jun 10, 2015
KelChiAvan said:
If you travelled out of Canada and returning back to Canada. On your declaration card, you would need to declare if you have purchased i think items worth over $100. The CBSA officers most tyms check your bags to look for new items, jewellry, clothes, shoes. If its over $100 you would be charged taxes on it. The thing is always read the declaration card properly before signing off anything because the CBSA officers consider it a legal document.
no, thats not what i meant. I heard from my other friends who did their landings long time ago. They said they were allowed to bring everything they had from their own country tax-free. it's a one time deal only. I was not aware of this. Does anyone have more info regarding this?

witchkiki

Dec 10, 2014
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
21-08-2015
I also heard that when u do landing, u can bring all your properties, money tax-free, all you need is to declare it and it is 1 time deal.

KingOfGoodTimes

Mar 10, 2015
Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04 July 2015
Nomination.....
ITA : 26 June 2015
AOR Received.
EE: 04 July 2015 (Auto AOR)
Med's Done....
EE: Passed 15-July-2015
Passport Req..
DEC 24th :)
LANDED..........
Jan 2016
witchkiki said:
I also heard that when u do landing, u can bring all your properties, money tax-free, all you need is to declare it and it is 1 time deal.
That does not make any sense ,.. if its a one time deal why cant we do it after we land , any way its just one time !

I have not heard about this rule any where so , I will be cautious!

I am very sure the money u can bring can only be 10,000 , any thing more than that has to be declared!

PS: here is the official CIC link on getting to canada http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/newcomers/after-checklist.asp

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hey friends need you advice.

I have sent passports (me and my wife) on 11th Jan and received by CIC on 12th Jan. I have booked my flight on 27th Jan.

Do you think I will get my passport back? Or should I cancel my flight??

prasprime

Dec 16, 2013
India
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I hope you will get before you fly.

zhaider said:
Hey friends need you advice.

I have sent passports (me and my wife) on 11th Jan and received by CIC on 12th Jan. I have booked my flight on 27th Jan.

Do you think I will get my passport back? Or should I cancel my flight??

JK_CAD

Jul 10, 2015
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
30-Jul-2015
Doc's Request.
10-Sep-2015 (Chest X-Ray)
Nomination.....
N/A
AOR Received.
31-Jul-2015
IELTS Request
N/A
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
08-Aug-2015
Med's Done....
09-Oct-2015
Interview........
Not Required
Passport Req..
30-Dec-2015
VISA ISSUED...
12-Jan-2016
LANDED..........
16-Jan-2016
I did my landing on the past weekend and it was very smooth.

I drove to Peace Arch border crossing in BC. The expected waiting period at US border to be not much, I expected it to be within 5 mins since I was 3rd in the wait line, but the officer was checking each car in detail which were ahead of me in and out so it took 15 mins. Informed the officer that I was there for flag pole and he took passports. He did his processing and posted a sticker on the car specifying that I was there for flag pole. He asked me to go to US border office along with the sticker.

Inside the US border office, waited for 10 mins for my turn and informed the officer about flag pole and handed over the passports. Officer asked us to wait and after 5 mins called us. She then asked us to drive the car from where we have to enter Canada back and kept passports with her. She waited for us at the exit point and handed over the passports and exit form back. Exit form indicated that we went for flag pole.

At the Canadian border, officer asked the below questions, gave a slip and asked to go in CBSA office.
1. Do you have funds more than 10K with you? No
2. Do you want to bring in any valuable items? No

At the CBSA office, we waited for 10 mins before the officer called us and we handed the documents to her. She verified the documents and asked us to sign and asked below questions. She asked us to wait and in 5 mins she came with the CoPR signed and Canadian flags.
1. Do you want to bring in any valuable items? No
NOTE: They ask this question because they allow one valuable item to be imported from your home country once you land as PR and customs will not levy taxes/fees on it. Make sure to declare it if you are planning to import any valuable item from home country, ex. importing a car. You have to pay the shipping cost.

2. How much funds do you have in bank? Said the amount and she noted in a paper. She didn't asked us to show the proof of funds.

She then asked us to hand over a paper to the officer at the CBSA gate standing outside the CBSA building. Upon exiting handed the paper to officer and congratulated each other and celebrated with a dinner.

A special thanks to Ultra999 on the advice that you do not have to worry about the Canadian baby as she was not mentioned in my CoPRs dependent list section. I asked CIC the same question and they replied that any Canadian within the family is not mandatory to be mentioned in the CoPRs dependent list.

All the best who are waiting for their CoPRs !!!

zorroo

Apr 1, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
ntwkengg said:
for landing they require just a one page portfolio statement. its free. ask your bank teller they will give you in a min.

it should display all account info and total balance thats it.
Thanks and +1 for you!

zhaider

Star Member
Nov 23, 2011
Hey Guys

My passport was received by CIC on 12th and today morning mycic shows closed and approved. How long it takes before the tracker gets activated after myCIC update? Please reply

Alpha4906

Jul 21, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
zhaider said:
Hey Guys

My passport was received by CIC on 12th and today morning mycic shows closed and approved. How long it takes before the tracker gets activated after myCIC update? Please reply
Today or tomorrow return tracker will activate...