+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORTS / COPIES TO CPC-OTTAWA IN DECEMBER 2015 - LETS CONNECT!!

jamason

Feb 15, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-04-2015
AOR Received.
01-07-2015
IELTS Request
14-07-2015
Passport Req..
24-12-2015
LANDED..........
12-01-2016
tomneversfield said:
I'm here. Ottawa received my passport on Dec29 so I'm hoping to get status approved by next Thursday! :)
Good. Mine too was received on 29th Dec. So hopefully we should get an update almost same time.

auschase

May 15, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Our passports were sent on Jan 4 and received the following day. Hopefully we'll get them back within 2 weeks. But some ppl got theirs back within 1 week, so I guess it depends on the officer.

dennyK

Jun 10, 2015
I sent my passport January 4th, received on the 5th, cant wait to get it back!!

Can anyone suggest where I should do my landing if I reside in Ottawa?

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
So here's my flagpoling experience:

I got my PPR on Dec 7 2015
Sent passports the next day, tracker showed that the passports were received on Dec 9 2015
I was planning to travel outside of Canada and booked tickets for Dec 27
I was worried not to get my passports back in time, and started calling CIC in order to find out status. Once reached, the agent told me that the passports, in fact, were opened on Dec 15 only.
so long story short, I never got my passports back on time and missed my flight.
Application was approved and closed on Dec 30. return tracker activated same day.
I received my passports on Dec 31. Btw Visas' validity period started from Dec 15 (the date that agent told me on the phone)
On January 2 my husband and I went to Lewiston bridge (we live in Toronto, this one was the closest).
We drove to US customs where we explained that we just need to re-enter Canada. US Border officer asked us to park the car and wait. Then the other guy went out from the building and brought us a white paper with our names and DOBs scribbled on it. The name of the paper was Administrative Refusal Entry or something like that.
Then they showed us where we should drive and even gave us some comments on what's gonna happen next.
So we drove to Canada customs. Some tired-looking lady asked us whether we were carrying cash, guns, etc. Their standard questions. We said "no" and she gave us a yellow paper and told us to enter the building.
There were about 7 officers inside that building and absolutely nobody in the queue. A very nice guy asked us to write down our phones and addresses on both copies of our CORPs and asked us to sit down.
I was worried about which docs I should bring but he took our passports and CORPs only. I left our folder with bank statement and WPs on his desk, don't know if he had a chance to look at them. Anyways, he did not ask for anything at all.
Few minuted later he called us and asked us to answer questions on CORPs (about other dependents and criminal charges). We wrote down our answers on both copies and put our initials. Then he said "congratulations, you are PR now", stapled our CORP copies (without photographs) into our passports and kept his copies. He said that we will receive our PR cards in 6-8 weeks (which is, in reality, 78 days, according to CIC's web site) and with these papers we could travel by land (to US) only.In case we decide to travel by air, we gonna have to apply for authorization to return.
So everything went smooth, no additional questions or docs were requested from us, I wish you guyz all the same smooth landing!

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
auschase said:
Our passports were sent on Jan 4 and received the following day. Hopefully we'll get them back within 2 weeks. But some ppl got theirs back within 1 week, so I guess it depends on the officer.
I don't think it depends on the officer... from what I understood the procedure is quite standard. If you send copies of your passports, you get it back in a week (+/- 2 days), if you send actual passports, you get it back in 15 days (also +/- 2-4 days).

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicefox said:

Sent passports the next day, tracker showed that the passports were received on Dec 9 2015
I was worried not to get my passports back in time, and started calling CIC in order to find out status. Once reached, the agent told me that the passports, in fact, were opened on Dec 15 only.
so long story short, I never got my passports back on time and missed my flight.
Application was approved and closed on Dec 30. return tracker activated same day.
I received my passports on Dec 31. Btw Visas' validity period started from Dec 15 (the date that agent told me on the phone)
On January 2 my husband and I went to Lewiston bridge (we live in Toronto, this one was the closest).
We drove to US customs where we explained that we just need to re-enter Canada. US Border officer asked us to park the car and wait. Then the other guy went out from the building and brought us a white paper with our names and DOBs scribbled on it. The name of the paper was Administrative Refusal Entry or something like that.
Then they showed us where we should drive and even gave us some comments on what's gonna happen next.
So we drove to Canada customs. Some tired-looking lady asked us whether we were carrying cash, guns, etc. Their standard questions. We said "no" and she gave us a yellow paper and told us to enter the building.
There were about 7 officers inside that building and absolutely nobody in the queue. A very nice guy asked us to write down our phones and addresses on both copies of our CORPs and asked us to sit down.
I was worried about which docs I should bring but he took our passports and CORPs only. I left our folder with bank statement and WPs on his desk, don't know if he had a chance to look at them. Anyways, he did not ask for anything at all.
Few minuted later he called us and asked us to answer questions on CORPs (about other dependents and criminal charges). We wrote down our answers on both copies and put our initials. Then he said "congratulations, you are PR now", stapled our CORP copies (without photographs) into our passports and kept his copies. He said that we will receive our PR cards in 6-8 weeks (which is, in reality, 78 days, according to CIC's web site) and with these papers we could travel by land (to US) only.In case we decide to travel by air, we gonna have to apply for authorization to return.
So everything went smooth, no additional questions or docs were requested from us, I wish you guyz all the same smooth landing!

thank you for sharing your experience.

so lewiston is another option for people near by toronto... so we have 3 options:

lewiston
peace
rainbow......

now we have to decide which one we should go....

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
ntwkengg said:
thank you for sharing your experience.

so lewiston is another option for people near by toronto... so we have 3 options:

lewiston
peace
rainbow......

now we have to decide which one we should go....

I think Lewiston is less crowded than Rainbow... plus Rainbow is primarily for US/Cad tourists, and my consultant told me that the officers are not used to dealing with landing there...Don't know much about Peace

casmscanada

Aug 30, 2015
Has anyone booked an appointment with the CIC office for landing formalities? Does anyone know how much is the wait time for the appointment?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

FSW Inland
AOR: 22 August 2015
PPR: 24 December 2015

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
casmscanada said:
Has anyone booked an appointment with the CIC office for landing formalities? Does anyone know how much is the wait time for the appointment?

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?q=748&t=22

FSW Inland
AOR: 22 August 2015
PPR: 24 December 2015
Passports Sent: 5 January 2016
I heard it is about six weeks, but I might be wrong...

ultra99

Jun 25, 2011
alicefox said:
I think Lewiston is less crowded than Rainbow... plus Rainbow is primarily for US/Cad tourists, and my consultant told me that the officers are not used to dealing with landing there...Don't know much about Peace
yet, people here had great, quick experiences at Rainbow bridge.

Zvezda

Jan 6, 2016
alicefox said:
Just sharing the time line with you guyz...
I received my PPR on December 7th, in the afternoon.
Sent my passport to Ottawa next day around 12 a.m.
Passports received in Ottawa December 9, at noon.
Now waiting for them to come back. Have no clue when to expect them. And it has been raining non-stop in the past few days in Toronto and it does not look like the rain will ever stop. Maybe I am a freak just don't want my passports/corp to get wet while they will be waiting for me in the postal box ::)

Hi Alicefox. Are you talking about PR Card? I am from Toronto too. I am just wondering as I am only creating Express Entry profile and stuck with NOC number for my position. Anyone can give me proper advise? please let me know as soon as possible. Thank you in advance.

My duties are to recruit international students from overseas to study in our school and help them to get enroll into Universities/ Colleges in Canada. But title states as recruitment officer/ educational counselor. I can not be recruitment officer as this classified as HR- human resource. (NOC 1223). I am also not educational counselor, as we do have official person who is in charge of this position who is helping international students to apply for universities. (NOC4033). Anyone can help me out? as I am about to create express entry profile and stuck with NOC number for my job position.

Recruitment Officer (Russian Market) Toronto International College -

North York, ON The position’s objective is to recruit new students through education agents to study in one of the programs offered by the Toronto International College. Experience in sales - minimum 2 years. English must be fluent. RUSSIAN LANGUAGE IS REQUIRED. Education: college/university Duties and responsibilities: Demonstrate the marketing efforts/programs of this College in overseas countries and develop methods of measuring the effectiveness of all campaigns in the targeted regions and territories; Research in the targeted regions and territories; Developing advertising strategies and platforms, and budgeting all promotion campaigns; Recruiting and admitting students in accordance with the guidelines and regulations of the Toronto International College from both the local and international markets in the targeted countries and territories; Researching and developing marketing instruments, strategies and plans; Attending recruitment functions and educational fairs and exhibitions and attending on-site recruitment seminars and activities; Training, liaison, communication and networking with recruitment agents; Developing recruitment agency network in targeted countries

I would appreciate if anyone could help me out. Thank you in advance

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
you sound like Marketing coordinator to me. Something like 1123 or relevant. I think you should search in marketing occupations

http://www5.hrsdc.gc.ca/NOC/English/NOC/2011/ProfileQuickSearch.aspx?val=1&val1=1123&val65=marketing

ntwkengg

Champion Member
Jan 16, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
alicefox said:

so is there an option to take U turn for landing at lewiston?

alicefox

Jul 30, 2015
ntwkengg said:
so is there an option to take U turn for landing at lewiston?
yes, that's what we did. you go US border, they ask you to park and then show you the way.
but make sure you talk to US border officers and get issued an "administrative refusal". otherwise there is no proof that you left Canada.