17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first time starting a topic.

Anyhow, I figured someone could advise me regarding a dilemma I am having.

I am currently being assessed by Ontario for the PNP after receiving AOR on August 25th, so I figure if I was to obtain a positive response from them, I should have a PNP by the beginning of October then apply as soon as I receive an ITA.

For the OOPNP application they asked for a passport valid for at least 2 years or else an explanation letter. My current passport is only valid till next august (2016) so I provided the latter since I would have needed at least 2 months to have a new passport issued since I am currently outside my home country and the embassy is pretty slow.

In general I do intend to get a new passport since I am visiting my home country for a week or so in 2 weeks time so I will issue a new passport ; moreover, I had changed my signature (to one in english) since 6 years ago (when I got my first passport).

So my questions are as follows and I am sorry if it seems a bit too much but I think they might increase risk of a rejection:

1- New passport means a new passport number, I would have to update my EE profile with the new info, but do I have to update OOPNP as well and would it affect my PNP chances since I already got an AOR and PNP nomination might be just around the corner (with emphasis on might)?

2- Would the difference between the signatures in my old and new passport cause any issue or shall I keep the old one (but I had ditched it long ago since a signature in english is much more convenient so it might seem like I am forging my old signature) ? P.S: For the OOPNP application, I signed using my current passport signature not my signature in english.

3- What is the minimum passport validity required when sending my FSW application?

I hope someone can advise me because I tried emailing my specific visa office and they have decided to only reply to people with case and file numbers.

Regards,

cartwright

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
perfectSkilledMigrant said:
Hello Everyone,

I am new to this forum and this is my first time starting a topic.

Anyhow, I figured someone could advise me regarding a dilemma I am having.

I am currently being assessed by Ontario for the PNP after receiving AOR on August 25th, so I figure if I was to obtain a positive response from them, I should have a PNP by the beginning of October then apply as soon as I receive an ITA.

For the OOPNP application they asked for a passport valid for at least 2 years or else an explanation letter. My current passport is only valid till next august (2016) so I provided the latter since I would have needed at least 2 months to have a new passport issued since I am currently outside my home country and the embassy is pretty slow.

In general I do intend to get a new passport since I am visiting my home country for a week or so in 2 weeks time so I will issue a new passport ; moreover, I had changed my signature (to one in english) since 6 years ago (when I got my first passport).

So my questions are as follows and I am sorry if it seems a bit too much but I think they might increase risk of a rejection:

1- New passport means a new passport number, I would have to update my EE profile with the new info, but do I have to update OOPNP as well and would it affect my PNP chances since I already got an AOR and PNP nomination might be just around the corner (with emphasis on might)?
Yes update both
2- Would the difference between the signatures in my old and new passport cause any issue or shall I keep the old one (but I had ditched it long ago since a signature in english is much more convenient so it might seem like I am forging my old signature) ? P.S: For the OOPNP application, I signed using my current passport signature not my signature in english.
no harm in updating your signatures. Just add an LOE to be on the safe side

3- What is the minimum passport validity required when sending my FSW application?
don't remember but i believe it is minimum 6 months
I hope someone can advise me because I tried emailing my specific visa office and they have decided to only reply to people with case and file numbers.

Regards,

perfectSkilledMigrant

Sep 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Abu Dhabi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
15-06-2015
Nomination.....
17-10-2015
AOR Received.
15-11-2015
Med's Done....
18-11-2015
Passport Req..
31-07-2017
Thank you very much for the reply!!

but I have a few follow up questions if I may...

1- Updating the EE profile can be easily done online; however, how shall I update OOPNP, via email or postal mail?

2- Excuse my ignorance but what do you mean by LOE ?

And yes I was guessing 6 months as well since that is the minimum for stamping most visas in general so for PR it would logically be the same.

Regards,

P.S: I dunno how to give a +1 or probably my profile is still too recent to be able to give any.