+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport validity less than 6 months at time of entry!!!!

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
You may face an issue since immigration - they wont let u pass with less than 6 months validity passport, suggestion- apply for in tatkaal u will receive in 1 day.
Once you are out of India even post expiry some countries let u travel.

Cassiano

Dec 4, 2017
Hi I have partly related question.
I am a Canadian permanent resident card holder since March 2019. Right now i am in India and flying back to Canada in January 2021. My passport validity is less than 6 months (exactly 5.5 months to expiry) from the date am flying back and not sure whether the airlines refuse to board the plane because of less than 6 months validity. I want to after landing in Canada.
I hope I don't have any issues
There's not problem anywhere,
you need only just a couple of days valide to exit India to enter Canada

Rahul81

Jun 2, 2020
That’s couple of days for which immigration in Canada won’t have any issue, but immigration laws in India matter as don’t let u pass immigration check if ur passport is short expiry, so better be safe

Reactions: Cassiano

Hope457

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
You can immigrate to Canada even if your passport is < 6 months valid at the time of entry. I recently immigrated and my passport was due to expire in 5 months time. All that matters is you are immigrating within the deadline mentioned on your COPR copies. CIC would have considered your passport expiry dates before giving that deadline. So don't worry.

Once you enter Canada, you can apply for your daughter's passport renewal to BLS.

(BLS takes in application for passport renewal even if passport has expired. So don't worry about passport now. You can always renew it after reaching Canada.)

Goof luck with your immigration. Have all documents in place.
If you are flying to Canada, it is helpful if you carry a list of items you are bringing to Canada.
Hi All. I have a question and hope that to be answered here. We (Me, My Wife and Daughter) are due to enter Canada before 27/05/2018 as per our COPR and my daughter's passport is expiring on 24/09/2018. We are planning to enter Canada in month of April 2018 which means that validity of my daughter's passport will be less than 6 months at that time.

So my question is that if she can enter in month of April 2018 with her current passport or not????
If not, Weather I can apply her new passport in my current country of residence (India) and carry her new as well as old passport at the time of entry???

Thanks a Lot...
Hi, I am in a similar situation. My passport is expiring in feb 2022 and i have copr and single entry visa valid until nov 2021. I am planning to travel in September and was worried if i would be allowed to travel. It would be really helpful if you can share your personal experience.

hon90

Oct 14, 2019
Hi
My passport currently has 5.5 months of validity left and has a single entry valid PR Visa. Can I renew my passport now as I have to first travel to third country to get Covid report and then take flight to Canada. Can I renew the passport and carry both new & old passports (old passport with valid single entry PR visa) at Port of Entry? Will I get entry in Canada?
Also do I need to notify IRCC that I have renewed my passport? as I am not sure that whether the COPR should have updated passport numer or nor. Kindly help!

Hope457

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi
My passport currently has 5.5 months of validity left and has a single entry valid PR Visa. Can I renew my passport now as I have to first travel to third country to get Covid report and then take flight to Canada. Can I renew the passport and carry both new & old passports (old passport with valid single entry PR visa) at Port of Entry? Will I get entry in Canada?
Also do I need to notify IRCC that I have renewed my passport? as I am not sure that whether the COPR should have updated passport numer or nor. Kindly help!
Same boat.. Please let me know if you get any answer for this.Thanks

hon90

Oct 14, 2019
Same boat.. Please let me know if you get any answer for this.Thanks
Hi you do not need to inform IRCC and can renew the passport and carry both passports(old with Visa and renewed) to travel and enter Canada. This answer was provided by legalfalcon.

Hope457

Star Member
Jul 10, 2019
Hi you do not need to inform IRCC and can renew the passport and carry both passports(old with Visa and renewed) to travel and enter Canada. This answer was provided by legalfalcon.
Thanks I was planning to travel with old, but i guess i will apply for passport renewal and will inform ircc about the new passport. Thanks for your reply

Reactions: Harshit99 and hon90