ap8329

May 8, 2005
Friends,

My timeline with Buffalo was:

Applied: June 2005
AOR Received: July 2005
Request for Med: Sep 2006
Medical done: Oct 2006

1. Now, can you tell me how long before I receive PP request. Is the background check already done or will it be done now?

2. My passport is expiring Sep 2007, should I get it renewed or will I be okay?

Thanks a lot for your help.

mikeramma

Star Member
Sep 15, 2006
Canada
hey
1. Now, can you tell me how long before I receive PP request. Is the background check already done or will it be done now?
A:Usually buffalo applicants receive the ppr after 3-4 month from the medicals if there are no problems in the bg checks.Background checks begins a couple of weeks before the medicals request so it should in process now
2. My passport is expiring Sep 2007, should I get it renewed or will I be okay?
A:It is ok to keep them since a year is large timeframe , and i am sure that u will land before that date.
good luck,

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
As recommended by CIC, you passport should be valid for a minimum period of one year at the time you submit it for the Visa. The visa has a maximum validity of one year and if you passport expires before one year you lost your visa. Now you have to decided.

Best of Luck.

Liudmila

Oct 25, 2006
If the passport is valid through November 2007, does it make sense to apply November 2006 for a skilled worker immigration? By the time the decision is made, theoretically I can get a new passport. Will it be acceptable for Canadian immigration officers?

Thank you

FinPro

Star Member
Sep 18, 2006
Dammam, Saudi Arabia
Yes. Its perfectly allright. You might be thinking that the passport number you are submitting to them at the time of application will not be valid by the time your case will be processed. Thats true and you will let them know about your new passport number when you will update your info with them. CIC is concerned only with the passport you actully submit to them for stamping of visa.

Jul 25, 2014
I am about to make my FSW application but there is one problem.My Son's passport has not yet been issued. Its taking a long time. Does any one have any idea that its okay if I apply without his passport then its okay. I mean ,in the question for will he accompany me to Canada, I will select "Yes" . In the question for hols valid passport will select "No" and attach a cover letter stating the situation. Will they reject the application in that case? Can anyone let me know if they have any ides or experienced such thing before.

RomanSPb

Jul 19, 2014
Calgary, AB, Canada
Visa Office......
Warsaw
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
21-JUL-2014
AOR Received.
01-DEC-2014
Med's Request
12-FEB-2014
Med's Done....
20-FEB-2014
Passport Req..
26-MAR-2014
LANDED..........
26-10-2015
You can apply right away. Provide all other supporting documents as required by the checklist and mention this passport problem in a cover letter.

hardworkpays

May 8, 2014
Bahrain
Category........
Visa Office......
WVO
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
06-Sep-14
Doc's Request.
CC charged 25-Nov-2014
Nomination.....
PER-22-Jan-2015
AOR Received.
23-Mar-2015
IELTS Request
Submitted With Application
File Transfer...
22-Jan-2015
Med's Request
17-Apr-2015
RomanSPb said:
You can apply right away. Provide all other supporting documents as required by the checklist and mention this passport problem in a cover letter.
But isnt this a rush?
I meqn later wouldnt it be difficult to add son's passport?

And that too how?