+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Troubles

aoiferyan89

May 15, 2011
Hi All

So my dog chewed up the corner of my brand new passport, its not badly damaged and everything on the info page is still fully visible. Will i still be able to use it to get to Canada?

steaky

VIP Member
Nov 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You should ask the commercial carrier (such as airlines) whether or not you are allow to board.

job_seeker

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2009
Is the visa already on that passport?

aoiferyan89 said:
Hi All

So my dog chewed up the corner of my brand new passport, its not badly damaged and everything on the info page is still fully visible. Will i still be able to use it to get to Canada?

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
aoiferyan89 said:
Hi All

Hi
According to the rules it doesn't matter if the important datas could be read and understood and if there is no damages to the photo to identify you. (This is what I learnt as a checking in Agent).
But its better to check wit the immigration department or with the embassy to avoid difficulties when you are traveling.

" Feed your dog properly , give it something else to chew". :D :D :D

nicholas30

Champion Member
Nov 4, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
See that you get it in writing/stamped(from the concerned authorities) that the passport is good to travel to avoid last minute hassels..........

new_2_canada

Apr 25, 2011
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
If the visa is still being processed then I would recommend getting a new passport and advice the CHC about the passport being damaged so they can update the details for the new passport.

lekamle

Star Member
May 10, 2011
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I agree with new_2_canada.

The best thing is to apply for a new PP and inform the office about the incident.
I don't think it will take along time to u get a PP is it?

Good luck.