+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Transmission Fees

Discussion in 'Visitors' started by John84, Nov 10, 2018.

  1. Hello All,

    Iam Bahamian resident. I have received request letter to send my passport to Kingston, Jamaica to stamp visitor visa. My question is how can i pay Passport Transmission Fees which is 11.61canadian dollars. I called helpline and they advised only option is to pay this amount in person. It does not make sense to fly Jamaica spending 2000US dollars to pay 8US Dollar fees. Please can anybody advise me on this. Iam afraid my time to send passport for visa stamping might expire. Thank you.
  2. You have the option to courier your passport directly to the Kingston visa office:

    By Courier service

    To submit by courier, you must include your passport, a copy of the request letter, and a self-addressed envelope with prepaid waybill from DHL, AIRPAK, TARA or FEDEX. Failure to do so will result in a delay in processing your application.

    Please send to:

    High Commission of Canada
    3 West Kings House Road
    Kingston 10, Jamaica
  3. Hello @John84,

    Can you please confirm if this was necessary or if you went through with this successfully? It is my experience that Bahamians don't require visitor's visas to travel to Canada and online references confirm this. The only thing we need is an eTA and physical passports should only be sent in the event that a visitor's visa is necessary according to copies of the PPR email I've seen.

    Now re-reading before posting and I noticed that you said Bahamian "resident". Are you a resident, but of a citizenship other than Bahamian?

    Congrats on the PPR! Hope all goes well!

Share This Page