+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport translation

Coollime

Oct 29, 2016
Hello.
i have been asked to submit passport copy with translation. The translator told me that I should send him a scanned copy of my passport and he will get the translation done and there is no need to give him the original passport. In the translation he will write that he is translating a copy of my passport. Do you think this would be accepted by IRCC or does the translation has to be made by providing the translator with the original passport?

Oh.canada

Jan 25, 2019
Hello.
i have been asked to submit passport copy with translation. The translator told me that I should send him a scanned copy of my passport and he will get the translation done and there is no need to give him the original passport. In the translation he will write that he is translating a copy of my passport. Do you think this would be accepted by IRCC or does the translation has to be made by providing the translator with the original passport?
Translators usually check your original passport before giving you the signed and translated papers. Just make sure that the person is a certified translator.

abhishekw

Feb 13, 2015
It's pretty standard to provide a scanned copy rather than the original passport for translation.

When I used legal translation services, they only required a PDF of my passport. They took care of the translation professionally and swiftly, making sure to mention that they were translating from a copy.

I didn't face any issues with accepting the translated document, so following your translator's advice should be fine for your IRCC application.