+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Transit Time - CPP Ottawa

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
I also requested to just send the passports back even without the visa. I hope that they will. We are a family of three and if I rebook, it will cost me a lot of money. I've been stressing for the past weeks because of this.
That is crazy! Wonder how many people have the same case as you. Waiting for nothing! I have a flight on the 7th and online account changed to approved on the 24th. Hope I can make it
That is crazy! Wonder how many people have the same case as you. Waiting for nothing! I have a flight on the 7th and online account changed to approved on the 24th. Hope I can make it
Lucy the cic replied my email really quick like within 30 minutes. That’s fast. Also they replied my email last night at 9pm.

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Are they sending your passport to you today?
Yes they put my passport in the mail room since 25. But never been shipped. They have found it and said it is being sent right away. And the tracking will have updates tonight. That’s what they said

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Lucy the cic replied my email really quick like within 30 minutes. That’s fast. Also they replied my email last night at 9pm.
They replied to your email with in 30 minutes and that too in the night, that's a wonder man..

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
Yes they put my passport in the mail room since 25. But never been shipped. They have found it and said it is being sent right away. And the tracking will have updates tonight. That’s what they said
Was this discussion over the call or email?

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
I have got the request for Passport submission on 27th of November but I have my tickets booked to India for 18th of December. Looking at the recent processing times I am not sure if I will get my passport back before the flight date even if I submit the passport today. i am planning to stay in India for a month's time before I return back so can I submit my passport in one of the India's Canada Visa office and get my stamping done before I travel back to Canada? What are the options of doing this?

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
I have got the request for Passport submission on 27th of November but I have my tickets booked to India for 18th of December. Looking at the recent processing times I am not sure if I will get my passport back before the flight date even if I submit the passport today. i am planning to stay in India for a month's time before I return back so can I submit my passport in one of the India's Canada Visa office and get my stamping done before I travel back to Canada? What are the options of doing this?
You WILL NOT get your passport back in this time. I guess stamping in India is possible but i am not sure how the stamping country can be changed. You will have to talk to one of the IRCC agents, may be they will be able to help.

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
I am in the same situation. Having a flight on 7th and my status changed on 24th. But they just told me that the passport had not been stamped despite the status change...Just mailed them to send my passport back even without printing. Hoping to get a reply. So frustrated.
Can you let me know if they replied to your message? I sent them several emails and they have not responded at all

MingLong

Star Member
Jul 10, 2017
Don’t send your passport! Because you will not get it back on time!!

prasadium

Nov 29, 2017
You WILL NOT get your passport back in this time. I guess stamping in India is possible but i am not sure how the stamping country can be changed. You will have to talk to one of the IRCC agents, may be they will be able to help.
Thanks for the reply. Does anyone have such experience or seen this happening for others?

Last edited:

azeezsaz

Star Member
Nov 3, 2017
Toronto
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
AOR Received.
17-11-2020
email . No use to call. They only can see what’s is on the system
I emailed but they dont respond.. :mad: My family back home is panicking now.. i dont know what to say except to give them a hope that i will be there on time for the wedding.

mumay14

Aug 14, 2014
I just got a response for the email that I sent them last week. It says that because of the high volume of the approved application, a delay should be expected. And apparently, a pre-arranged flight is not an extenuating circumstance that will get them to expedite the processing of our passports. So frustrating!

coca

Nov 13, 2017
I just got a response for the email that I sent them last week. It says that because of the high volume of the approved application, a delay should be expected. And apparently, a pre-arranged flight is not an extenuating circumstance that will get them to expedite the processing of our passports. So frustrating!
Is this the e-mail where you request them to send back passport even without stamping?