+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to London Visa Office Timeline

svm1993

Jun 16, 2022
Hello,

Does anybody have an idea regarding the timeline for the passport to be returned to the recipient? Sent my passport to London VO April 21, 2022. Received at IRCC Office April 29, 2022. Almost two months now but still no updates. This is frustrating.

Thanks

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Hello,

Does anybody have an idea regarding the timeline for the passport to be returned to the recipient? Sent my passport to London VO April 21, 2022. Received at IRCC Office April 29, 2022. Almost two months now but still no updates. This is frustrating.

Thanks
OMG this is a bit weird and worrying to actually see this happening. Fingers crossed you will get sorted out quickly. In our case we had to send photo copies of our passports.

sky86

Mar 12, 2022
I am in similar situation. I sent my passport from VFS Stockholm and it reached London VO on May 24th, 2022 and is in processing stage as of now. No updates after that.

On querying VFS, got this response:
In response to your email, please be informed that once you submit your passport, the visa stamping process can take around from 14 to 30 working days. Due to the current hard situation in Ukraine this process can take a little bit more time but it is normal, the Visa Application Center (VAC) will notify you when your passport is ready to be sent back.

However, strangely, one person I know of sent his passports on 1st June and got them within a week from same office.

This is pretty weird now. Passports being emergency travel documents shouldn't be held that long.

kuskus

Champion Member
Jun 17, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I am in similar situation. I sent my passport from VFS Stockholm and it reached London VO on May 24th, 2022 and is in processing stage as of now. No updates after that.

On querying VFS, got this response:
In response to your email, please be informed that once you submit your passport, the visa stamping process can take around from 14 to 30 working days. Due to the current hard situation in Ukraine this process can take a little bit more time but it is normal, the Visa Application Center (VAC) will notify you when your passport is ready to be sent back.

However, strangely, one person I know of sent his passports on 1st June and got them within a week from same office.

This is pretty weird now. Passports being emergency travel documents shouldn't be held that long.
It is what it is; tons of patience required in this process.

satil

Jun 18, 2022
In response to my webform, I got the answer that printing times in London are currently 10-12 weeks. I am personally waiting for 1 month already

svm1993

Jun 16, 2022
In response to my webform, I got the answer that printing times in London are currently 10-12 weeks. I am personally waiting for 1 month already
Got the same response when I sent a webform. I've been waiting for 8 weeks now. Frustrating.

Sthillz

Feb 25, 2018
My wife sent ours for recall yesterday, and we plan to resend the recall again today. We want to travel month end and we can't afford to be in the dark at this final stage...
Hello
I want to ask for a recall too. How long did it take to get your passports back

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Weird thing for us is that we are not waiting for our passports at all as we only sent photocopies, still the process takes ages :(

dxdroid

Champion Member
Jun 21, 2021
Got the same response when I sent a webform. I've been waiting for 8 weeks now. Frustrating.
8 weeks already for your Visa to arrive from the London office? :O
Is there any way you can actually contact them apart of the email?

svm1993

Jun 16, 2022
Update: I just recently received an email that my counterfoil has been generated and that the passport will be returned to me via courier. After almost nine weeks after I sent my documents and passport to the London CVAC.

svm1993

Jun 16, 2022
8 weeks already for your Visa to arrive from the London office? :O
Is there any way you can actually contact them apart of the email?
I only contacted them via webform. Whenever I ring VFS, they just said I needed to contact IRCC via email

sky86

Mar 12, 2022
Update: I just recently received an email that my counterfoil has been generated and that the passport will be returned to me via courier. After almost nine weeks after I sent my documents and passport to the London CVAC.
Wow! Finally....So there is some hope :)

Reactions: svm1993

sky86

Mar 12, 2022
Received an update that decision envelope has been sent from IRCC to CVAC embassy CVO. Hoping now that passports should reach VFS soon.

Reactions: dxdroid

Galsam

Star Member
Dec 6, 2018
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Received an update that decision envelope has been sent from IRCC to CVAC embassy CVO. Hoping now that passports should reach VFS soon.
good news!!! Please what date did you submit it?