+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to London Visa Office Timeline

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Nothing Bro, they haven't returned or acknowledged the recall email we sent.
Do they usually acknowledge? From the ones I've heard, they just send them a mail that their passport has been dispatched. I don't know how true it is. You may hear from them tomorrow

Dejiadecombo

Apr 29, 2020
Do they usually acknowledge? From the ones I've heard, they just send them a mail that their passport has been dispatched. I don't know how true it is. You may hear from them tomorrow
Yeah, but they responded to an enquiry mail we sent on April 6, last week (April 13 - responded on this date). I will keep you updated as it goes, hopefully they stamp the passports or return it early, so as not to delay one's depature

Reactions: Ok2018

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Yeah, but they responded to an enquiry mail we sent on April 6, last week (April 13 - responded on this date). I will keep you updated as it goes, hopefully they stamp the passports or return it early, so as not to delay one's depature
You can imagine and it's over 1 month you submitted. I called vfs Uk and the person I spoke with insisted that I can't get my passport back until it's stamped. I asked how long does it take to stamp, he said 2 to 4 weeks max. I also confirmed if vfs UK was having backlogs, he said yes and could exceed 4 weeks sometimes but not common.

Pasianah

Apr 19, 2022
Good evening great mind, how're you doing hope great please can anyone assist me on how to go about getting Visa to Canada

Datafricangurl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Don’t know
Please did they give you a reason? Did you get a mail saying : "the decision envelope has been dispatched "? Do you have your passport back now?

Update, got my passport and documents back along with a lousy non personalized letter saying they are sending it back cos of backlog or other reasons

Sent the passport to another VO. It's still on its way.

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Update, got my passport and documents back along with a lousy non personalized letter saying they are sending it back cos of backlog or other reasons

Sent the passport to another VO. It's still on its way.
Wow....when sending it back, did they still call it your decision envelope has been dispatched? This lost days, how will IRCC be notified for a waiver?

Datafricangurl

Star Member
Jan 30, 2021
Africa
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Don’t know
Wow....when sending it back, did they still call it your decision envelope has been dispatched? This lost days, how will IRCC be notified for a waiver?
There's no waiver, you'll ask other VO if they can still accept your documents to stamp. Yeah the vfs notification still called it a Decision envelope even though there was no decision

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
There's no waiver, you'll ask other VO if they can still accept your documents to stamp. Yeah the vfs notification still called it a Decision envelope even though there was no decision
This is wickedness!!!! Wow
When you say ask other VO, you don't want to use your original VO?

Chips0404

May 27, 2022
Lagos/Abuja is still super slow
Hello dear, thanks for the update and hope you’ve received your visa now . I find myself in the same situation and I have to travel in by midJune and my passport was sent on 12 May and as at now no acknowledgement of receipt by the visa office. Has anyone been able to request for it to be returned to them and how did they do so please?

Chips0404

May 27, 2022
I also sent mine on March 28 and I haven’t heard anything since. No acknowledgment, no tracking ID. When I called they told me it will take 3-4 weeks to get tracking ID and another 3-4weeks to get it stamped. So confused right now
Hi hope you are doing good. Have you received it now please and how long did it take? I'm in a similar situation now and wondering whether I cam ask for it to be returned since i have to travel soon?

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Hi hope you are doing good. Have you received it now please and how long did it take? I'm in a similar situation now and wondering whether I cam ask for it to be returned since i have to travel soon?
You sent to London or you sent to Lagos/Abuja

Ok2018

Star Member
Apr 15, 2021
Just send them a mail asking for your passport to be recalled based on your personal reasons.
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

But when you say no acknowledgement, vfs didn't give you a tracking number? Maybe you should try by mailing vfs to ask if your passport is still with them. If they haven't sent it to IRCC, request they send it back to you. If they don't respond to your mails on time, call them, just make sure you have enough airtime on your phone.

Chips0404

May 27, 2022
Just send them a mail asking for your passport to be recalled based on your personal reasons.
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

But when you say no acknowledgement, vfs didn't give you a tracking number? Maybe you should try by mailing vfs to ask if your passport is still with them. If they haven't sent it to IRCC, request they send it back to you. If they don't respond to your mails on time, call them, just make sure you have enough airtime on your phone.
Okay thanks for the info. Did you send yours to the Lagos office and have you received it now?