+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport to CPC Ottawa - May 2017

adrlim

Nov 18, 2016
Yes that's what they asked for atleast. However the officer might ask you for bank statements, etc. I am not entirely sure on this as it depends on officer to officer. But just to be on the safe side, if I were you, I would carry possibly every related document I can. (which I did in my case)
Thanks

Mthornt

Dec 28, 2015
Canada
Landed yesterday in afternoon at Rainbow Bridge. There were over 30 people if not 40 ahead of me and took me 4.5hours of waiting. Once they called my name, the whole process took less than 5 minutes. A lady officer was super nice and didn't ask any proof except verbal confirmation of residential address, and congratulated me becoming Canadian PR. The whole time there were new people coming in and the queue never fell below 20 people. Consider other bridges if you don't want to wait.

That's unfortunate, that's the bridge that's closest, and that we preferred. Thanks for the info, looks like we'll be heading to Queenston - Lewiston. Question for you, what time of day did you arrive to do the landing?

tormentor

Star Member
Nov 13, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
What other bridges can we cross by foot for landing in Ontario? I guess rainbow is the only one.

Hercaz

Apr 6, 2017
That's unfortunate, that's the bridge that's closest, and that we preferred. Thanks for the info, looks like we'll be heading to Queenston - Lewiston. Question for you, what time of day did you arrive to do the landing?
1PM

vilesh gh

Nov 24, 2013
Hey guys, I did my landing today at Rainbow Bridge around 7 30 am. I waited like 5 min as I was the only one doing landing at that time. I'll suggest if you want to do landing at Rainbow Bridge, just go there early in the morning, it is not busy at all. Good luck guys

Reactions: Mthornt

allenicoh

Jun 8, 2017
timeline for sinp pnp applicant inland
may 29 - ppr
may 30 - send to ottawa
june 1 - received
june 13- tracker activated
june 15 - passports received!

lagbaja02

Mar 28, 2017
Hi All,

Just wanted to ask, give or take like how long does it take once passport is received in Ottawa to profile approval or tracker activated?

MAAN18

Star Member
Jan 25, 2017
Hi all,

I have obtained my PR through Express Entry on June 10 so I withdraw my work permit extension application

Can you please advise , would I get my Fess of $255 refunded or not? it does say anything in the withdrawal letter in the message box of CIC account.

Your reply will be appreciated
Thank you!

TicTocCroc

Mar 1, 2016
App. Filed.......
05-12-2016
Doc's Request.
21-02-2017, 01-03-2017
Nomination.....
08-11-2016
AOR Received.
05-12-2016
I landed at Rainbow yesterday. We drove across at 5.20pm and re entered Canada at 5.28pm. The US side were very efficient and knew what we needed straight away.

We had to wait about an hour. All the officers were lovely. Didn't ask to see any other documents. The officer did look at me a bit strangely when both my son and I burst into tears as soon as he said 'Welcome to Canada' !!

Reactions: Mthornt

vkuma124

Star Member
Oct 10, 2014
Hello friends,

Currently I am in Canada and I have valid TRV for multiple entry till 2019, and every month I use to go to USA for business trip via Pearson Airport (YYZ). I need your advise and help on my below queries:

1. Can I complete the remaining process at Pearson Airport while coming back from USA once I receive my passport from Ottawa with PR visa & CoPR? or do i really have to go to Rainbow bridge at Nigara fall for completing the remaining process or can it be done at YYZ airport as well?
2. After receiving the passport with PR visa from CIC, what exactly actions are performed at flap poling at port of entry?
3. When we can apply for PR card and what is the process of that.
4. Since I already have valid TRV with multiple entry, so will CIC still stamp PR visa on my passport or they will issue just issue CoPR letter?

Thanks in advance friend !!

mumbaikar

Star Member
May 16, 2012
Hello friends,

Currently I am in Canada and I have valid TRV for multiple entry till 2019, and every month I use to go to USA for business trip via Pearson Airport (YYZ). I need your advise and help on my below queries:

1. Can I complete the remaining process at Pearson Airport while coming back from USA once I receive my passport from Ottawa with PR visa & CoPR? or do i really have to go to Rainbow bridge at Nigara fall for completing the remaining process or can it be done at YYZ airport as well?
2. After receiving the passport with PR visa from CIC, what exactly actions are performed at flap poling at port of entry?
4. Since I already have valid TRV with multiple entry, so will CIC still stamp PR visa on my passport or they will issue just issue CoPR letter?

Thanks in advance friend !!
Yes, You can do the landing process at the Pearson airport while coming back from another country [You can do it at any port of entry]

If you chose to do the landing at a land border then you can do flag pole. Just go to the US side of the border and tell the officers that you are there for landing as a PR in Canada. Then they will give you a document and guide you to the Canadian border. You have to give your COPR, passport and the document got from the US at the Canadian border and the officer would give you an yellow paper along with other documents and ask you to park your car and go the immigration office. [In my case I had US visa so I didn't flagpole instead went to see the Niagra falls at the US side and landed on the way back, in this case no document is issued by the US immigration]. You can also cross the Rainbow bridge by walk if you prefer that over driving.

You don't need to apply for the PR card, when you are landing it would be applied automatically and the officer will verify the address with you.

Even though you have a multiple entry TRV, CIC will stamp a single entry immigrant visa on your passport. When you are landing the immigration officer will cancel that visa. Your TRV and work permit become invalid [though they don't cross it or shred it]. Once you landed it would take ~57 days for you to get the new PR card. If you travel outside Canada after landing but before getting your PR card : "Permanent residents (PR) of Canada must carry and present their valid PR card or permanent resident travel document (PRTD) when boarding a flight to Canada, or travelling to Canada on any other commercial carrier. If you do not carry your PR card or PRTD, you may not be able to board your flight, train, bus or boat to Canada." But you can drive from US in private vehicles.

arrayofhope

Jan 14, 2017
CANADA
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
07-06-2016
AOR Received.
18/05/2017