+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

PASSPORT SURRENDER CERTIFICATE PENDING

gino.m

Jan 5, 2024
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a passport surrender certificate in may 2023 and haven't had an update from the status - "application under review at consulate general".

I took all the steps created a ticket for escalation with Bls, tried to email the consulate and so on but nothing, NOTHING at all

Same status at the passport seva website as well - " Under Review"

any help is appreciated

forw.jane

VIP Member
Apr 29, 2019
Hey Guys,

I had applied for a passport surrender certificate in may 2023 and haven't had an update from the status - "application under review at consulate general".

I took all the steps created a ticket for escalation with Bls, tried to email the consulate and so on but nothing, NOTHING at all

Same status at the passport seva website as well - " Under Review"

any help is appreciated
So your Indian passport is with them since May 2023?
Which location did you apply at?

gino.m

Jan 5, 2024
That’s correct since may 2023, Toronto jurisdiction, dropped of the application walk-in appt at the Bls in Toronto

gino.m

Jan 5, 2024
stuck at RPO Mumbai for god knows what reason, tried getting in touch with rpo mumbai lol as usual no response, Ridiculous

gino.m

Jan 5, 2024
im not really sure if i can apply for a visa without a surrender certificate, or can i ?

gino.m

Jan 5, 2024
oh ok. for the question that asks if ever held another citizenship before do i reply yes or no? if i reply yes do they ask for SC?