+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission - VFS - Pakistan specific information - Post PPR

Rehan1977

Mar 31, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Recently I've received my PPR, they have asked me to submit my application at Abu Dhabi office (via mail ofcourse ) :S
the thing is all my friends who have already migrated when they got their PPR, they were asked to post passports to Canadian Embassy Islamabad.

1. Has CIC recently changed their submission venue??

Another thing they also mentioned that submit passport through VAC i.e Visa Application Centre which is 'Gerrys' office, when I asked them whether they will be posting it to Abu Dhabi, they said they will forward my application to Islamabad and people there will further send it to Abu Dhabi.

2. Is this how things work?

I am utterly confused as I know atleast 5 people who submitted their passports at Canadian embassy Islamabad and not Abu Dhabi!!

Please shed some light on it.

tuner274

Mar 4, 2017
Hello Everyone,

Recently I've received my PPR, they have asked me to submit my application at Abu Dhabi office (via mail ofcourse ) :S
the thing is all my friends who have already migrated when they got their PPR, they were asked to post passports to Canadian Embassy Islamabad.

1. Has CIC recently changed their submission venue??

Another thing they also mentioned that submit passport through VAC i.e Visa Application Centre which is 'Gerrys' office, when I asked them whether they will be posting it to Abu Dhabi, they said they will forward my application to Islamabad and people there will further send it to Abu Dhabi.

2. Is this how things work?

I am utterly confused as I know atleast 5 people who submitted their passports at Canadian embassy Islamabad and not Abu Dhabi!!

Please shed some light on it.
Read the original post please. The VFS office is outsourced to ( / partnered with ) Gerry's.
If you want to get your Visa Office changed, submit a Webform request to get your Visa Office changed with supporting details as to why. Please check the PPR document in the Passports section where it says:

• Please provide passports or travel documents for yourself and each accompanying dependant, along with a copy of this letter, to the visa office in ______ ?. <and any details on procedure and links mentioned in this subsection>.
If possible, please paste the passport section details here. Please do not post (or PM) any personal details such as Full Name, UCI, Application Number, Email Address(s), Passport Number(s) and/or Tracking numbers.

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
This is to help all the clueless Pakistani applicants like me out there. Here is my experience regarding submitting passports to VFS in Pakistan. This post contains procedure, timelines, restrictions and some personal experiences (Lahore office specific).

The submission process mentioned does not vary much from any other VFS office, so even if you are not from Pakistan, you will get an idea of what to do.

Please note that this is after you get a "Ready for Visa" letter (either as a message in your account or as an email. Sometimes you get both. Usually the account message is from your local visa office; Islamabad for me. The email is from the Ottawa office).

VFS Global (a third party organization) handles passport submissions in Pakistan (and in many other countries as well). In Pakistan, they operate out of Lahore, Islamabad and Karachi. You can submit to any of their outlets in the above mentioned cities. This is their website for Pakistan.

Office hours are Mon-Fri 9am - 1pm for all 3 branches.

Submission procedure
Choose a VFS outlet from the vfs website. No appointment is required, it's a walk-in for all the offices here in Pakistan.

Lahore specific info: The office is located opposite Ganga Ram Hospital. I suggest you park across the road inside the hospital paid parking, otherwise the traffic police have a lifter waiting to penalize any parking around the VFS office. The parking is congested but is right across from the office.

You need to take the following along with you:
  1. PPR email print out (with details filled in the given table regarding primary applicant, spouse and dependents; also be sure to print the full email. If you have more dependents in your application than the space given in the table, print the page with the table as many times you need and fill that in).
  2. Photographs according to the specifications mentioned in the PPR letter.
  3. Passports of everyone mentioned in the application. Passports need to be valid for at least 6 months with at least 2 blank pages. (Passports have to be ordinary ones, the visa cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports)
  4. PKR 1,332/- per passport (submission and transmission fee) + PKR 160 SMS tracking fee e.g. for 3 applicants this becomes (1332*3 + 160) = PKR 4156. Payment is in cash on the spot and take the collection receipt. (Disclaimer: These rates are applicable for the day I submitted my passports, check here for the latest rates). Any additional services (such as help filling in an application form, photocopies etc.) will be charged separately.
  5. Original CNIC of the one submitting the passports.

Restrictions
Mobile phones, laptops, USBs and any other electronic, media or storage devices will need to be checked in at the entrance. Bags (without the aforementioned items) are allowed.

At the office
Once you enter the hall that deals with Canadian applications, an officer will vet your documents to ensure that you all the required documents for submission (this is to save you the queue waiting time only to find out that you missed something). You will be assigned a queue number after the vetting process. Queue wait times vary, but the whole process took about 2 hours for me (check-in to check-out). Keep the token with you till the time you check-out from the office.

Timeline
At the time this post is being written, they take approx. 2 weeks from the submission date. You can track your passports from their tracking portal by providing the tracking ID of each submitted passport mentioned in the collection receipt. Passport collection is from the same outlet as the one they were submitted to. Passports will only be handed over upon presenting the collection receipt.

The process is pretty straightforward, but please let me know if there are any questions.

Very informative post - Thanks

omarkhan

Oct 12, 2016
Pakistan
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
Islamabad
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
11-08-2017
AOR Received.
11-08-2017
Passport Req..
08/09/2017
Dear @tuner274 and @greenberet :

Your posts about the passport submission is very helpful. I received the PPR yesterday, and as I have a representative managing my case, he forwarded me that email. I have a few questions, if you could kindly answer those for me and help me get over the confusion.

1) Should I get two passport sized photos snapped from any professional photographer or the VFS office will snap those at the time of submission.
2) As they have asked for a copy of the PPR email, should I just print out the email and remove my representative information, i.e., the part that starts with date and UCI number etc. and ends at :

"Sincerely,
Immigration Section

THIS IS A VALID COMPUTER GENERATED LETTER AND DOES NOT REQUIRE ANY SIGNATURE."
3) Lastly, should I just fill the information form with a pen?

Thank you for the detailed guidance you already provided.

Regards

Reactions: lushahz

RupaliCandido

Mar 11, 2018
hi, I am currently working in Canada & wanted to apply for PR. i am with my gamily however the credit score is less if i apply with my family.
can i apply only PR for me & then sponsor my son & husband for PR?
What valid reasons i can give for applying alone for PR?

mcassim87

Jul 1, 2017
submitted passport at Lahore VFS on 23rd March 2018 (surprisingly it was open despite being the public holiday)

luckily i was the only applicant, so was in/out in 10 mins

waiting nervously now.............

Last edited:
Reactions: Jtahir

Zainab shahid

Sep 5, 2016
Hello all,
So my consultant just shared with me snapshot of my application status for federal skilled worker which has various updates on it, the last update is regarding final decision for which they have said "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once we have made final decision"
I am just curious how long will it take more as 8 months have passed since documentsubmission.
They did ask for few documents back in Oct and November, but since then we are just waiting to hear from them. If anyone has any idea regarding time taken for final decision then please help me out!
And what kind of decision should i expect!!!

lushahz

Star Member
May 18, 2017
Hello all,
So my consultant just shared with me snapshot of my application status for federal skilled worker which has various updates on it, the last update is regarding final decision for which they have said "your application is in progress. we will send you a message once we have made final decision"
I am just curious how long will it take more as 8 months have passed since documentsubmission.
They did ask for few documents back in Oct and November, but since then we are just waiting to hear from them. If anyone has any idea regarding time taken for final decision then please help me out!
8.5 months have passed for me too
Hello all,
8.5 months have passed for me too after the submission of application. Hopefully we are now close to get the ready for visa mail. But one can't be sure on this.

Hasherfaraz

Apr 28, 2018
Hi
I have received a latter from Delhi immegeration office to submit my passport to VFS in Islamabad and I have one question I am leaving in Afghanistan should I go to Pakistan or I should submit by other way?