+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission Request for Saudi Based Applicants

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
I submitted mines today i.e 31 July 2017. @shahid_razzak, did you receive any updates from VFS Riyadh or any status change on CIC?
Hi metal,

I have received email and sms from VFS that the passports have been submitted to Embassy of Canada in Riyadh. There is no change on CIC website though.

Best Regards,
Shahid

metal

Star Member
Jul 31, 2015
Riyadh
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
AOR Received.
24-04-2017
Hi metal,

I have received email and sms from VFS that the passports have been submitted to Embassy of Canada in Riyadh. There is no change on CIC website though.

Best Regards,
Shahid
Okay, I too Received that Last night

joshymjohn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi metal

I ventured to visit VFS Riyadh yesterday (dated July 26, 2017) and they informed me that they can manage my request of passport submission without having to submit my passports to Abu Dhabi office by courier.

Naturally I was relieved to hear that and hence submitted my passports along with passports of my family to them for onward processing through Canadian Embassy in Riyadh.

Thank you for taking your time out and responding to my query.

Best Regards,
Shahid

Hi Shahid,

Thank you so much for sharing the information on Passport Submissions at VFS, Riyadh. I just received a PPR and was wondering whether there were any options on submitting the same at VFS Riyadh. Do keep us posted on the progress of your Visa Stamping.

Thanks,

Joshy

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Hi Shahid,

Thank you so much for sharing the information on Passport Submissions at VFS, Riyadh. I just received a PPR and was wondering whether there were any options on submitting the same at VFS Riyadh. Do keep us posted on the progress of your Visa Stamping.

Thanks,

Joshy
Hi Joshy,

Congratulations.

Yes you can submit it in VFS Riyadh if you are in that city or else you can even submit in Jeddah and Khobar and they will route it through Riyadh.

I have already received my passport back stamped with visa along with Certificate of Permanent Residence (COPR).

Do let me know if yoh need any further assistance.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,
Shahid

joshymjohn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi Joshy,

Congratulations.

Yes you can submit it in VFS Riyadh if you are in that city or else you can even submit in Jeddah and Khobar and they will route it through Riyadh.

I have already received my passport back stamped with visa along with Certificate of Permanent Residence (COPR).

Do let me know if yoh need any further assistance.

Good Luck.

Best Regards,
Shahid
Hi Shahid,

That's good news...so generally they do stick to the 3 weeks' time if there are no further hassles! Am about to go to the VFS with our photographs, passports and the email they sent. Hope that will be about it. All the very best to you and yes Congrats too :))

Joshy

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Hi Shahid,

That's good news...so generally they do stick to the 3 weeks' time if there are no further hassles! Am about to go to the VFS with our photographs, passports and the email they sent. Hope that will be about it. All the very best to you and yes Congrats too :))

Joshy
Hi Joshy,

Yes you are armed with right ammo needed to submit your passports.

They say 3 weeks but things can move fast too. I got mine back way before 3 weeks time. Just stay put and wait it out. Do keep me posted with your status.

All the best.
Shahid

joshymjohn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi Shahid,

One more doubt....do all the dependents and the primary applicant have to do their first entry together or can I do it first & my family later before their medicals expire?

Joshy

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Hi Shahid,

One more doubt....do all the dependents and the primary applicant have to do their first entry together or can I do it first & my family later before their medicals expire?

Joshy
Hi Joshy,

This is something that I myself am searching an answer for.

Best Regards,
Shahid

joshymjohn

Aug 14, 2017
Hi,

Received our passports after stamping today, exactly 1 week after we submitted them to VFS Riyadh. Moreover, the letter from the Canadian Embassy clearly has mentioned that there are 2 options for family first entry to Canada.

(1) Both the PA and the dependents land at the same time all together at the same port of entry

or

(2) First the PA can land and then before the expiry date mentioned on the visa, the dependents can later join.

Regards,

Joshy

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Hi,

Received our passports after stamping today, exactly 1 week after we submitted them to VFS Riyadh. Moreover, the letter from the Canadian Embassy clearly has mentioned that there are 2 options for family first entry to Canada.

(1) Both the PA and the dependents land at the same time all together at the same port of entry

or

(2) First the PA can land and then before the expiry date mentioned on the visa, the dependents can later join.

Regards,

Joshy
Hi Joshy,

Congratulations on your visa stamping. I wish you all the best in the rest of your endeavor.

Thank you for updating on the modus operandi of landing in Canada. Much appreciated.

Best Regards,
Shahid

Arsh99

Jul 11, 2017
Hi Joshy,

Yes you are armed with right ammo needed to submit your passports.

They say 3 weeks but things can move fast too. I got mine back way before 3 weeks time. Just stay put and wait it out. Do keep me posted with your status.

All the best.
Shahid
Assalaamualaikum,
Dear Shahid, I have received the PPR too and the instruction says "To Submit your Application to Abu Dhabi" and then continues with the options we have for submitting application to Abu Dhabi. To get it safe and sound I would like to submit it to Riyadh CHC through VFS but the doubt I have is that I am an FSW 2014 applicant and someone told me that Riyadh CHC may accept visa stamping from express entry applicants only so could you or anyone shed some light on this matter then I could save time.
Regards
Arshad

Last edited:

shahid_razzak

Apr 20, 2017
Assalaamualaikum,
Dear Shahid, I have received the PPR too and the instruction says "To Submit your Application to Abu Dhabi" and then continues with the options we have for submitting application to Abu Dhabi. To get it safe and sound I would like to submit it to Riyadh CHC through VFS but the doubt I have is that I am an FSW 2014 applicant and someone told me that Riyadh CHC may accept visa stamping from express entry applicants only so could you or anyone shed some light on this matter then I could save time.
Regards
Arshad
Dear Arshad,

Although I am not an expert yet I would like to assume that visa stamping is something that is an operational task which can be handled by any Canadian Visa Office/Embassy. The granting of visa is another ball game altogether and as you have already been asked to submit your passports for visa stamping, it is concluded that you have aced that ball game.

I would not see any issue in submitting passports to Riyadh VFS (for onward submission to Canadian Embassy in Riyadh) for an operational task of stamping visa on your passport.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted with your updates.

Best Regards,
Shahid

Arsh99

Jul 11, 2017
Dear Arshad,

Although I am not an expert yet I would like to assume that visa stamping is something that is an operational task which can be handled by any Canadian Visa Office/Embassy. The granting of visa is another ball game altogether and as you have already been asked to submit your passports for visa stamping, it is concluded that you have aced that ball game.

I would not see any issue in submitting passports to Riyadh VFS (for onward submission to Canadian Embassy in Riyadh) for an operational task of stamping visa on your passport.

Hope this helps. Do keep me posted with your updates.

Best Regards,
Shahid
Dear Shahid,
Thanks for your input, appreciate your response. I have been to VFS myself today to inquire about it and they have informed me that as long as I have Passport Request letter along with passports and specified photographs they have no issue accepting the application for visa endorsement, if at all I have specific doubt then I should get in touch with Canadian Embassy Riyadh. Later I called back Canadian Embassy Riyadh and was informed that I can submit my Passports even if it says Abu Dhabi and the representative I spoke to also assured me that even if its end of period they would still accept it via VFS for Visa Stamping and it would take 5 business days for them to process. Summing it up all I am also of the opinion that visa stamping is only operational task which can be performed by any Canadian embassy across the globe.

beemir

Star Member
Apr 26, 2015
Can anyone confirm that this is still acceptable i.e. submitting passports to Saudi VAC instead of Abu Dhabi Visa Office? Would appreciate it for future reference.