+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission questions from India (Mumbai)

tanager4

Mar 19, 2022
Looking for some clarity on the passport submission process please.

Parents based in Mumbai have each received PPR (joint supervisa application).

I read the webpage linked from the PPR letter and also researched this forum to anticipate the next steps.

From what I understand, they first need to fill out the webform on the VFS India site.

On that form is this question "Did you enrol Biometrics for this application?" They already have biometrics done a few months ago, so what should be the answer for this?

The page did not throw any error after filling out the pincode, the page showed name and address fields to be filled for each applicant, is it safe to assume the pincode is serviceable?

What happens after submitting the webform and when exactly is the payment made? Specifically, is the fee payment like any online checkout where they fill in credit card details just prior to submitting the webform or do they have to wait for an email with payment instructions after submitting it, and if so how long does it take? Do they receive the AWB via email on the same day after submitting the webform? Will it be 2 AWBs?

It looks like after submitting the webform and receiving AWB numbers, the next step is simply wait a few days for BlueDart to pick up the passports. Should we prepare two envelopes or one? What kind of envelope do people normally use for this? Is it provided by BlueDart?

Would like someone to confirm if the below list of documents is complete to include in each envelope:
  1. Passport
  2. Passport request letter
  3. VAC consent form
Is fee receipt required as well? I assume that one has the AWB number on it.

Thanks for your time

Last edited:

samsong

Star Member
Jun 22, 2009
Looking for some clarity on the passport submission process please.

Parents based in Mumbai have each received PPR (joint supervisa application).

I read the webpage linked from the PPR letter and also researched this forum to anticipate the next steps.

From what I understand, they first need to fill out the webform on the VFS India site.

On that form is this question "Did you enrol Biometrics for this application?" They already have biometrics done a few months ago, so what should be the answer for this?

The page did not throw any error after filling out the pincode, the page showed name and address fields to be filled for each applicant, is it safe to assume the pincode is serviceable?

What happens after submitting the webform and when exactly is the payment made? Specifically, is the fee payment like any online checkout where they fill in credit card details just prior to submitting the webform or do they have to wait for an email with payment instructions after submitting it, and if so how long does it take? Do they receive the AWB via email on the same day after submitting the webform? Will it be 2 AWBs?

It looks like after submitting the webform and receiving AWB numbers, the next step is simply wait a few days for BlueDart to pick up the passports. Should we prepare two envelopes or one? What kind of envelope do people normally use for this? Is it provided by BlueDart?

Would like someone to confirm if the below list of documents is complete to include in each envelope:
  1. Passport
  2. Passport request letter
  3. VAC consent form
Is fee receipt required as well? I assume that one has the AWB number on it.

Thanks for your time
please share how you did your submission. I am in the same situation. thank you

ps93

May 10, 2023
Hi, Can you share your experience. I am in similar situation. GOt my PPR, but not sure how to submit passport as not sure when I will get an appointment after submitting webform.

hruday02

Jan 10, 2023
Go to the site VFS online and book for appoint for PPR .
download the consent form and fill the details and sign.
on the day of appointment submit your passport, consent form and PPR letter.
Pay for the courier if you want the passports to be mailed to your home.