+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Submission (PPR) to VAC Question

voidmac

Nov 25, 2014
Hi Everyone. I am posting this question here as I didn't get an answer in the "Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office" forum.

Basically, my sister got her PPR from ADVO and the PPR letter indicates the following as one of the passport submission options:

"Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you."

So my sister is wondering if it's possible to submit her passport for the visa stamping to the VAC in Jordan (since she is there right now) instead of UAE.

Any help is appropriated.

Thanks.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
voidmac said:
Hi Everyone. I am posting this question here as I didn't get an answer in the "Spouse sponsorship Abu Dhabi office" forum.

Basically, my sister got her PPR from ADVO and the PPR letter indicates the following as one of the passport submission options:

"Submit your passport(s) along with the required documents in person or by courier to a Canadian Visa Application Center (VAC) nearest you."

So my sister is wondering if it's possible to submit her passport for the visa stamping to the VAC in Jordan (since she is there right now) instead of UAE.

Any help is appropriated.

Thanks.
Hi voidmac. I'm not an expert, just some thoughts.

I had similar option of going to CVAC, although a link was provided for more information which is CVAC of country in my case Philippines. Even though the option is nearest CVAC, still in the country where processing is. Did your letter mention any country, or suggested only the country where the application is being processed? You might want to double check that.

Also, something to consider is the length of stay in Jordan because we can only guess how long they're gonna return the passport should you submit it there.

And last thing, I've read somewhere in another thread/forum that there were some experiences others had of delayed issuance of visa due to file transfer, one if I'm not mistaken even took a year. Of course, this is not true for all, but a possibility to consider.

All the best.

voidmac

Nov 25, 2014
Thanks first_generation for taking the time to answer my question.

The letter mentioned and provided the links for the CVAC in the following countries: UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman.

Do you know why will the file be transferred (and cause delays) if the passport is submitted to a CVAC in a country different than the ones mentioned in the letter ?

Thanks.

first_generation

Star Member
Oct 1, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
CEM
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2, 2010 (Parents+3 dependents)
Doc's Request.
July 30, 2014 (submitted Oct 14, 2014)
AOR Received.
January 30, 2015 (dated Jan 16, 2015)
File Transfer...
March 31, 2015 Manila
Med's Request
Apr 9, 2015
Med's Done....
Apr 30, 2015
Interview........
Not required
Passport Req..
June 17, 2015 (submitted via fedex July 2)
VISA ISSUED...
July 16, 2015 (received via dhl July 27)
LANDED..........
Landed all 5!
voidmac said:
Thanks first_generation for taking the time to answer my question.

The letter mentioned and provided the links for the CVAC in the following countries: UAE, Kuwait, Qatar, and Oman.

Do you know why will the file be transferred (and cause delays) if the passport is submitted to a CVAC in a country different than the ones mentioned in the letter ?

Thanks.
To be honest, I'm not sure what would cause the delay if any. It seems transferring file is simple, but who knows what's their procedure. I can only guess possible misdirection or confusion, and reconciling files from one visa office to another may cause delay...but sorry I can't say for sure...

Unfortunately, I can't find the thread/forum about it. I came across it when I was checking out mailing passports cross countries...

Hope someone else can give you better insight...