+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission - Malaysia

jamestjw

Feb 18, 2021
Visa Office......
Singapore
Could you please mention how much time it took for you get the passport back after stamping?

Thanks in advance.
I'm just wondering how did you submit your passport in the end? VFS is not open now so the option of going there I person to submit my passport seems to be impossible... I wonder if all I can do now is wait for them to reopen

vcpmsc

May 24, 2021
I'm just wondering how did you submit your passport in the end? VFS is not open now so the option of going there I person to submit my passport seems to be impossible... I wonder if all I can do now is wait for them to reopen
I have sent my passport before the lockdown and currently my passport is stuck at ircc office. As you said, we have to wait for VFS to reopen.

kritanium

Star Member
Apr 8, 2021
Hey Guys,
Anyone of you was able to submit your passport?
Is there no other way to submit passport apart from waiting for them to reopen?

jamestjw

Feb 18, 2021
Visa Office......
Singapore
Here's what I was told via email,

#################################################################################

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

As the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is currently closed following a nationwide lockdown, applicants may submit their passports to our office directly via the reliable courier services (DHL / UPS / FEDEX) based in Singapore. Do note that we cannot accept any liability should applicants choose to follow this course of action. They must make arrangement independently and personally bear any associated risk.

For contact and office information, please consult our website at https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Please understand that we are not responsible for the courier service charges for the return of passports and arrangement can only be made upon receipt of the pre-paid airway bill number. For this purpose, we require a scanned copy (in PDF format) of the completed pre-paid airway bill.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / dc

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca
Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/canadainsingapore

#################################################################################

But I'm not sure about sending it to them via courier though, seems risky

Jul 5, 2021
Here's what I was told via email,

Dear Applicant

Thank you for your enquiry to the Migration Section of the High Commission of Canada in Singapore.

As the Visa Application Centre (VAC) in Malaysia, Kuala Lumpur is currently closed following a nationwide lockdown, applicants may submit their passports to our office directly via the reliable courier services (DHL / UPS / FEDEX) based in Singapore. Do note that we cannot accept any liability should applicants choose to follow this course of action. They must make arrangement independently and personally bear any associated risk.

For contact and office information, please consult our website at https://www.canadainternational.gc.ca/singapore-singapour/contact-contactez.aspx?lang=eng

Please understand that we are not responsible for the courier service charges for the return of passports and arrangement can only be made upon receipt of the pre-paid airway bill number. For this purpose, we require a scanned copy (in PDF format) of the completed pre-paid airway bill.

We hope this information will be of assistance.

Sincerely,

Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC) / Immigration, Réfugiés et Citoyenneté Canada (IRCC) / dc

High Commission of Canada, Singapore / Haut commissariat du Canada, Singapour

Website | Site Web: www.canada.ca/immigration | www.singapore.gc.ca
Webform: http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/contacts/web-form.asp

General Enquiries: Singapore-im-enquiry@international.gc.ca

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/canadainsingapore

But I'm not sure about sending it to them via courier though, seems risky
But do we even have a choice tho cuz I don’t think vfs is opening anytime soon.
If we submit our passport through courier service we submit it to the high commission of Canada so we don’t need to pay for a bank draft right ? And we don’t need to attach the vfs consent form right? And do we just post to the address we find on google??

bellaciao

Jun 9, 2021
I dont think VFS Malaysia for Canada is opening soon. I plan to submit my application to VFS Singapore via DHL from Malaysia. I will visit Maybank tomorrow for Bank Draft & then DHL.

Reactions: kritanium

fulltimemomkl

Jul 30, 2021
I dont think VFS Malaysia for Canada is opening soon. I plan to submit my application to VFS Singapore via DHL from Malaysia. I will visit Maybank tomorrow for Bank Draft & then DHL.
Hi Like to enquire if you have sent and received in return your passport? Worried as to the safety of the passport when sending by courier. Would you be able to provide some information on how you did it and for the return passage of the passport from Sg to Msia?

bellaciao

Jun 9, 2021
Hi Like to enquire if you have sent and received in return your passport? Worried as to the safety of the passport when sending by courier. Would you be able to provide some information on how you did it and for the return passage of the passport from Sg to Msia?
Hi, i did sent my passport directly to VFS Global Singapore via DHL with the bank draft and other documents. I received back my passport with the counterfoil in 3 days precisely. Sending it via DHL was quite safe and fast with overnight delivery.

So basically i did two bookings on DHL, one from MY -> SG, other was SG -> MY.
And i sent the return airway SG-MY bill with my passport to VFS.

Reactions: notthiswey

notthiswey

Aug 2, 2021
Hi, i did sent my passport directly to VFS Global Singapore via DHL with the bank draft and other documents. I received back my passport with the counterfoil in 3 days precisely. Sending it via DHL was quite safe and fast with overnight delivery.

So basically i did two bookings on DHL, one from MY -> SG, other was SG -> MY.
And i sent the return airway SG-MY bill with my passport to VFS.
Hi! Thanks for providing this info, was planning to do the same. I am going through the same situation where IRCC is requesting my passport to complete my application. I had a couple of questions regarding the process:

1. I was wondering what exactly the bank draft was for?
2. What other documents did you send to them? I have the reference letter to prove that IRCC is requesting my passport and I also have another letter that proves the validity of my biometrics. Would that be sufficient or are there any other documents required?

Thank you so much!

bellaciao

Jun 9, 2021
Hey,

Bank Draft is for VFS Service Fees. You may need to get the bank draft for the exact amount for VFS Package Transmission Fees. You may refer to https://visa.vfsglobal.com/sgp/en/can/buy-services. I made a bank draft for SGD 42.60 from CIMB

Following are the documents i submitted :

1. Passport
2. IRCC Original Passport Request Letter
3. Signed VFS Consent Form
4. Bank Draft in SGD in the name of `VFS (Singapore) Pte Ltd.`
5. DHL Return Airway Receipt