+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport submission at VFS, clarity required. Kindly suggest

Dhanyaks

Feb 24, 2024
Hi, for passport submission at VFS in case of family visa, do we need to book appointment for dependents? Only primary applicant has got the passport submission request from ircc now. Usually how it would be, will only the primary applicant gets passport submission request only or will all the dependents also get the passport request? Bcoz while booking appointment at vfs, on entering dependents name, in the site it's asking whether passport name and passport submission request name is same?. Since we dependents don't having it, we are not able to book appointment.. How is this. Kindly suggest

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Hi, for passport submission at VFS in case of family visa, do we need to book appointment for dependents? Only primary applicant has got the passport submission request from ircc now. Usually how it would be, will only the primary applicant gets passport submission request only or will all the dependents also get the passport request? Bcoz while booking appointment at vfs, on entering dependents name, in the site it's asking whether passport name and passport submission request name is same?. Since we dependents don't having it, we are not able to book appointment.. How is this. Kindly suggest
Have you received the passport request? Assuming this is for some form of permanent resident program, it will say that passports should be submitted by the principal applicant and all dependents included in the application.

In other words: they all submit at once.

Can't help you with the booking system at VFS.

Dhanyaks

Feb 24, 2024
Have you received the passport request? Assuming this is for some form of permanent resident program, it will say that passports should be submitted by the principal applicant and all dependents included in the application.

In other words: they all submit at once.

Can't help you with the booking system at VFS.
Yes., received passport submission request for PR program.. Only primary applicant got Passport submission letter and we dependents name is not included in the letter. So we are not able to book appointment at VFs, only booked for primary applicant alone..is that ok for submitting passports at VFS for primary and dependents also. Will they accept with single appointment?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Yes., received passport submission request for PR program.. Only primary applicant got Passport submission letter and we dependents name is not included in the letter. So we are not able to book appointment at VFs, only booked for primary applicant alone..is that ok for submitting passports at VFS for primary and dependents also. Will they accept with single appointment?
Read what I wrote carefully again. The letter says it applies to principal applicant and dependents. They are not named in that letter, nor do they need to be.

As I wrote: I can't tell you how VFS will deal with booking appointments or even if required. We submitted by courier and had no trouble simple sending in all the passports and related docs and payments. Each VFS office seems to work a bit differently. Perhaps you simply book one appointment.

Dhanyaks

Feb 24, 2024
Read what I wrote carefully again. The letter says it applies to principal applicant and dependents. They are not named in that letter, nor do they need to be.

As I wrote: I can't tell you how VFS will deal with booking appointments or even if required. We submitted by courier and had no trouble simple sending in all the passports and related docs and payments. Each VFS office seems to work a bit differently. Perhaps you simply book one appointment.

Today we went vfs office and since we book only one appointment with principal applicant name alone, We couldnt submit passport. They asked to book another appointment with count 4 and enter all dependent names,but all with same passport submission letter. Confusion happened in appointment booking. Thanks for the time and clarifying doubt.

Reactions: armoured

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Today we went vfs office and since we book only one appointment with principal applicant name alone, We couldnt submit passport. They asked to book another appointment with count 4 and enter all dependent names,but all with same passport submission letter. Confusion happened in appointment booking. Thanks for the time and clarifying doubt.
Glad it worked out. Unfortunately it's harder than it should be to find out from VFS website what specifics apply to procedures locally. Some countries seem to do so many of other types of apps that the local personnel sometimes aren't aware that the passport request letters include other dependents, even if they're not named. (Or their online procedures don't provide for that)

Reactions: Dhanyaks

vishvajeet

Star Member
May 21, 2020
Canada
Category........
CEC
NOC Code......
Facing the same conundrum, Will follow your approach of booking for 3 with same request letter and see what happens I guess. Vfs website is so not helpful.