Med's Done....
Upfront
I see quite a few of you applied from Middle East

Please advise your timeline from the Application date to Passport request

Thank you

usmanj86

Jun 11, 2017
Hi

I have submitted my mum's passport for visa (visit visa) stamping at Aramex here in Kuwait.

The guy at the aramex told me that the embassy charges a fees which I have to pay upon receiving the passport and the fee is either 55 Kuwaiti Dinars or $55.

Can anyone provide any information regarding this charge ?

Thanks

usmanj86

Jun 11, 2017
The actual stamping is not a long process. In April 2015, I sent the passports by Aramex, and it took 19 days (including weekends). A friend sent it last month from Kuwait, and it took 6 days. So its hard to give an accurate estimate.

I am not sure they are accepting passports at the Embassy. They had stopped early in 2016, and I am not sure if they have restarted.
How much did the aramex charge you ? I submitted my mum's passport today and they say there is a embassy fee which I have to pay upon receiving the passport ? Can you tell me how much is it ?

Thanks

Dreb

Feb 20, 2016
hi dreb! yes same with me the girl in the counter told me 3-4 weeks but up to now no news,emailed the vfs and answered me average of 1 month for pr. btw what visa you are applying for?
hi preciouscaitlin!i call today in vfs muscat like thesy said maybe on june 15 or next week i can get my passport back,they tild that average of 1 month,i was worried bcoz last time on dec when i applied for TRV their tracking system is not updated,the abudhabi emailed me that they return my passpprt back but in the system it showing that still in abu dhabi.
btw i apply for pr visa.i hope i can get this friday or next week before the EID

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
hi preciouscaitlin!i call today in vfs muscat like thesy said maybe on june 15 or next week i can get my passport back,they tild that average of 1 month,i was worried bcoz last time on dec when i applied for TRV their tracking system is not updated,the abudhabi emailed me that they return my passpprt back but in the system it showing that still in abu dhabi.
btw i apply for pr visa.i hope i can get this friday or next week before the EID
hi what is the number your call? ive tried to call the hot line its always busy. you received notification already from abu dhabi that your passport is ready to pick up? thank you for your response

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
Nope! I submitted thru vfs, oman
Mine is little tricky thing! Intially i was asked to submit at new delhi visa office. I requested to change it to abu dhabi visa office since I reside in muscat, oman. I didn get reply for a while hence i submitted with LOE thru vfs, oman. In few days time I got a reply from CIC and they have changed my visa office and asked to submit at ADVO. I immediately emailed ADVO about my prior submission.
May be this could be the reason for delay. Too much suspense
hello did u get your passport back?

aempath

Feb 20, 2017
Hi All,

Did anyone submit their passport with a 11 month validity and get it returned? (I know they require a 12 month validity but getting a new passport will take more than a month so I am wondering if I can send the passport as is?)

Kaurmani

Jun 12, 2017
Hello All,

Anyone who has send passports from Doha to Abu Dhabi for PR Stamp?We have send on 16th May and was received on 18th May.Its a month now!!Kindly reply

CAN-R

Jun 18, 2017
Hello,

I am in the same boat, sent to ADVO via Aramex on the 21st of May from Doha and still waiting, what is your application status, is it Approved?

Kaurmani

Jun 12, 2017
Hello,

I am in the same boat, sent to ADVO via Aramex on the 21st of May from Doha and still waiting, what is your application status, is it Approved?
We can't see the status online as we have send via Aramex.Hopefully we receive in 1 or 2.

preciouscaitlin

Aug 7, 2013
oman
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
abu dhabi
Passport Req..
14/04/2017
hi everyone i sent my passport in abu dhabi last april, medical was repeated on may 18, today they replies to my inquiry that they received the medical and my file is in que for review. Does any one knows how long it will take to return the passports? thanks!

Kaurmani

Jun 12, 2017
Thank goodness, I finally picked up my passport from VFS Doha on Sunday June 4. All in all (transit time + processing in Abu Dhabi) it took 35 days.
Also, in my case, the cic portal was updated on Wednesday May 31 and showed that my application was approved even before having the VFS tracker showing that my passport was dispatched from Abu Dhabi to Doha, so keep checking your CIC account. Good luck to all!
Hi,

Did you apply thru express Entry or FSW 2014.We applied in FSW 2014 so we are not able to check online as we can't create online account on CIC.Incase you also applied in FSW 2014 please guide how to create one.

Please note that we have also send passports on 18th May(received)at ADVO but till today no update.Eagerly waiting call from Aramex.