+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Stamping in US- 2-Way Courier- Activation Link Issue

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Hi all !

I recently received a PPR request for my study visa application and my husband's SOWP. We need to submit our passports for stamping now. I registered with the VFS TT Services 2-way courier service as a new user and I was supposed to receive an activation link for my account but I haven't received it so far. I tried using a different email address too but that didn't work. Has anyone faced this issue ?

PS. Thanks to this forum, I now know that it's better to avoid the NY VAC for passport stamping.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Was your issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. I cant seem to get the activation link
Hi ! Nope, this activation link issue wasn't resolved. I contacted them through their chat service and they said that VFS is experiencing some technical difficulties due to which activation link could not be sent. They suggested I generate the label on my own using UPS/USPS/DHL. So this afternoon I sent our passports along with the other required documents through UPS to the LA VAC.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Was your issue ever resolved? I have the same problem. I cant seem to get the activation link
Also that FedEx return label will not be accepted so specifically use UPS/DHL/USPS. Are you sending for TRV or PR ?

FDO

Jul 26, 2022
Also that FedEx return label will not be accepted so specifically use UPS/DHL/USPS. Are you sending for TRV or PR ?
Thank you for the info. I am sending for TRV.

Also the Canada website says

"With your passport(s), make sure you include:
the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the visa office);
your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site)"

I have three questions maybe you can help me.

1. As per above, we are supposed to include the VAC consent forms where did you find those?
2. For LA, is this address you sent it to: 8530 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 450 Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA ?
3. How much did you make the money order for? Was it USD 22.80 + USD 75.30 = USD 98.10 for the Package transmission fee + 2-Way Courier Service?

Thank you for any help.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Thank you for the info. I am sending for TRV.

Also the Canada website says

"With your passport(s), make sure you include:
the passport request letter you received from IRCC;
the visa application centre (VAC) fees (VACs charge service fees to send your passport to the visa office);
your contact information, including your email, phone number and return address; and
the VAC consent forms (available on their Web site)"

I have three questions maybe you can help me.

1. As per above, we are supposed to include the VAC consent forms where did you find those?
2. For LA, is this address you sent it to: 8530 Wilshire Blvd, Suite 450 Beverly Hills, CA 90211, USA ?
3. How much did you make the money order for? Was it USD 22.80 + USD 75.30 = USD 98.10 for the Package transmission fee + 2-Way Courier Service?

Thank you for any help.
1. These are the TT Service Consent Forms available on their website. https://visa.vfsglobal.com/usa/en/can/news/reopening-notice#
Check this link. On the page you'll find a link to download the forms. The first three pages are straightforward. The fourth page pertains to biometric enrolment. I had submitted my biometric at a USCIS centre so I skipped signing that page. Mainly it's page 2 that requires details and signature.
2. That address is correct. I wouldn't have considered LA given that I am closer to NY than LA but the reviews honestly scared me. Taking a chance with the LA VAC at this point.
3. I made a cashier's cheque for $22.80. The $75 figure would have been for using VFS-FedEx services. When you generate a label with another courier on your own, you are pretty much paying a comparable amount. Generating a return label with UPS will cost you roughly the same. They'll affix the return label to an envelope and place that envelope inside the shipping-out envelope along with your passport and other documents.

FDO

Jul 26, 2022
Thank You so much! Did you include anything else besides:
1) passport
2) passport request letter
3) USD 22.80 visa application centre (VAC) fees
4) your contact information: email, phone number and return address
5) VAC consent forms
6) Return label from UPS

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Thank You so much! Did you include anything else besides:
1) passport
2) passport request letter
3) USD 22.80 visa application centre (VAC) fees
4) your contact information: email, phone number and return address
5) VAC consent forms
6) Return label from UPS
Nope. These 6 things are what I sent. (TT Consent forms- as the website said two copies, I signed two copies)

Aug 5, 2022
Hi @aasifa thank you for providing the information. I am facing the same issue with vfs as yours and i was wondering if it is safe to send the passports without information from VFS. did you have any updates from the consulate yet? is there a way to track if your passport has reached safe?

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
Hi @aasifa thank you for providing the information. I am facing the same issue with vfs as yours and i was wondering if it is safe to send the passports without information from VFS. did you have any updates from the consulate yet? is there a way to track if your passport has reached safe?
Hi Ramya! My experience was really smooth. I sent my passport with the documents I mentioned on the 26th of July. It was delivered to the LA VAC on the 28th of July and since then I received timely emails from them to update me with the progress of my visa processing and stamping. Everything was processed and completed by the 29th of July and I received the passports back on the 2nd of August.

aasifa

Jul 24, 2022
oh that is awesome!! thanks a lot @aasifa. Really appreciate your input. The Cashier's cheque, did you get it in the name of Visa Application Center (VAC)?
Thank you!
The cashier's cheque was in favor of VFS Services (USA) Inc. If you check the link I had posted in one of the comments on this thread, it'll have those details.