+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport stamp from other country

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
I have submitted my application for TRV as my first is expiring on April 30. If I got request for passport submission while I'm in Canada, can I submit my passport for stamp in India?

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Got one more issue. What if got request for passport and do not submit it within 30 days? What would happen then? What should I do and how can I contact ircc to withdraw application if I had to?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Got one more issue. What if got request for passport and do not submit it within 30 days? What would happen then? What should I do and how can I contact ircc to withdraw application if I had to?
They automatically reject your application. If you feel that you need to withdraw, do it now, just submit a webform, there is a request to withdraw on the list.

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
Thanks I was afraid what if they denied my application or something. Withdrawing is the option I guess I have now. If I send in India, its taking so long there. I have so many questions in my right now!:confused:
How long it takes in Canada nowadays in the whole process and getting passport back with stamp?
I work as a cook on post-graduate work permit. Employer will provide job offer letter to travel back. Is there any restriction for cooks? or foreign essential workers?

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
Why don't you send it to New York with return prepaid mail? Or, you could get that stamp at the POE/border (not sure if that's a thing)

Not sure how long it takes.

I believe you should be able to come back with no issues.

"
You can enter Canada if you’re in either of these situations:

• You have a valid work permit and normally live in Canada.
    • This applies even if you’ve been laid off.
  • You’re a worker who meets all of the following:
    • has a letter of introduction for a work permit (open or employer-specific)
    • has a valid job offer
    • can work once you enter Canada and complete your 14-day quarantine (unless you’re exempt) "

arshdeepk

Feb 2, 2018
I'm sorry I'm unable to understand why you saying New York. Is it that if I enter USA and come back, I can get the visa stamp right away on my passport? Is that possible that way nowadays?
Thanks for the link. It says I can get passport back within 14 days!!!! really

Humpholito24

Sep 20, 2019
By New York, I mean mailing your passport to VFS global Canada in New York. Not going to the USA. It depends on what mailing service you use. Canada post is the slowest during the covid time. Use other companies.