+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport- spouse name variance

Anurag321

Jun 12, 2021
Hello Everyone,

Need urgent support pls.

In my passport my spouse name is given as my mother name. I noticed this now and I have received Ita from sinp. Should i get an affidavit for this that name is wrongly mentioned or what should I do?

My wise name is different and I have the marriage certificate to prove with that.

Chasechs

Sep 11, 2019
Whare are you from if you don't mind me asking? Having your spouse or mother's name in your passport is a wild inclusion. I would suggest, preparing the affidavit as well as apply for a passport replacement. Sooner or later that error will cause you problem.

Anurag321

Jun 12, 2021
Hi, thanks for answering. I'm from India and yes I will be making an affidavit for the same. But I don't want to reissue a new passport now because the deadline for the submission of documents is soon.

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Hi, thanks for answering. I'm from India and yes I will be making an affidavit for the same. But I don't want to reissue a new passport now because the deadline for the submission of documents is soon.
It will not be issue for applying PNP or PR application . However you can make affidavit and attach to avoid confusion.

Anurag321

Jun 12, 2021
It will not be issue for applying PNP or PR application . However you can make affidavit and attach to avoid confusion.
Thanks for the information. I have also my father's name which is different from what they are in the education documents. Should I get LOE for both of these?

Where can I put a common LOE in the SINP portal?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Thanks for the information. I have also my father's name which is different from what they are in the education documents. Should I get LOE for both of these?

Where can I put a common LOE in the SINP portal?
You can attach with your passport or with additional documents section.

Anurag321

Jun 12, 2021
Since the father's name is different in education documents, shouldn't I be updating in education section?

Miss bee

VIP Member
Mar 24, 2020
Since the father's name is different in education documents, shouldn't I be updating in education section?
Doesn’t matter you can attach with passport. They can access anything from portal . Just make a letter of explanation and tell your situation.

Anurag321

Jun 12, 2021
Ok got it. I have one more question.

In form 16 my address(old) is different and in ITR(new) it's something else.

Hope it will not have any problem?