+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Signature

foodie69

Champion Member
Dec 18, 2015
Can I change the signature once I receive the passport? I always wanted to change my signature but didn’t change at the time of application because I didn’t want to conflict with my PR signature. I signed same as it is on my ID’s and PR signature for smooth processing.
Sure..it is YOUR signature.

Reactions: netflixtrialps

neerajsh2005

May 2, 2019
toronto
I would suggest to write the address part on the passport with pencil if the person stays in a rented place and plans to move in near future. Parents please do not sign the child passport as it will be invalid and you will need to apply for a new one.

https://www.canada.ca/content/dam/ircc/migration/ircc/english/passport/documents/pdf/signature-policy.pdf
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/canadian-passports/pickup-final-steps.html

Is it ok fill page 4 of passport with Pencil ? There is nothing mentioned on the website.

Also can I fill the Emergency Contact of someone out of Canada , or it has to be within Canada only?

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011
Is it ok fill page 4 of passport with Pencil ? There is nothing mentioned on the website.

Also can I fill the Emergency Contact of someone out of Canada , or it has to be within Canada only?
Well I have filled in pencil since I am currently living in rental apartment. Better to keep emergency contact of someone in Canada.

Tajik

Star Member
Aug 19, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Passport Req..
LANDED..........
24-05-2015
Hi Everyone,

Is it normal to receive multiple packages from passport Canada? I mailed our application for three people and only received back a passport for my wife. Still waiting for mine and my son’s. Was not sure if I should wait or call them. Thanks

Will Taw

Feb 13, 2020
I got my Canadian passport recently, and signed it on page 3. However, this signature looks slightly different than my regular signature (the last 2 letters look squeezed), i was nervous when signing. So do you think this can cause a problem or questioning for me when travelling? shall i apply for a new passport because of this mistake?

jickson

Dec 17, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I got my Canadian passport recently, and signed it on page 3. However, this signature looks slightly different than my regular signature (the last 2 letters look squeezed), i was nervous when signing. So do you think this can cause a problem or questioning for me when travelling? shall i apply for a new passport because of this mistake?
I don't think you'll face any issues. Signature is nowadays not really a security feature.

Will Taw

Feb 13, 2020
Thanks a lot Jickson for your prompt reply,
my only concern is that if at the borders they will compare my passport signature with the signature I used when filling-up the passport application (which I put in the square), they will notice there will be a slight difference in the last 2 letters. Do you know if they compare both?

Thanks

Last edited: