+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Signature

Omar11

May 15, 2018
Hello fellow Canadian citizens.

On page 3 of the Canadian passport book there's an empty space for a signature. Does the signature need to be my full name? The problem here is that I've already signed it, just a tiny little signature at the far left side of the line. If it needs to be my full name, can I just cross out the small signature and write my name or would that not be accepted?

Sort of a dumb question I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kabuki

May 18, 2018
Are you referring to page 3 out of 7 on the bottom left when it states :Signature of applicant?
Why a tiny little signature if it actually requires your signature? and why did you assume that it might require your full name?
regardless,this is a passport office,and if you made a mistake they will help you there.

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
Hello fellow Canadian citizens.

On page 3 of the Canadian passport book there's an empty space for a signature. Does the signature need to be my full name? The problem here is that I've already signed it, just a tiny little signature at the far left side of the line. If it needs to be my full name, can I just cross out the small signature and write my name or would that not be accepted?

Sort of a dumb question I know, but any help would be greatly appreciated.
Do they send the passport from Ottawa?

I'm asking because I got a Canada Post receipt in my mailbox. I have to pick it up today after 1 pm
Im asking because the sender is in Ottawa
(I applied in person in Montreal)

salutcemoi

Feb 27, 2018
Do they send the passport from Ottawa?

I'm asking because I got a Canada Post receipt in my mailbox. I have to pick it up today after 1 pm
Im asking because the sender is in Ottawa
(I applied in person in Montreal)
I confirm , it's my passport

I was supposed to get it on May 23/24 but it came sooner

Omar11

May 15, 2018
Are you referring to page 3 out of 7 on the bottom left when it states :Signature of applicant?
Why a tiny little signature if it actually requires your signature? and why did you assume that it might require your full name?
regardless,this is a passport office,and if you made a mistake they will help you there.
No, I mean on the passport book itself. On page 3 of the booklet theres a line that says "signature of bearer" underneath it, and I'm afraid I made the signature a bit too small. Is that a problem? Nevermind the full name thing, that was a mistake.

Omar11

May 15, 2018
Not everyone had a signature that looks like their full name and takes the whole space.

If the signature on your passport is your usual signature, then so be it.
Ah, I see. I guess I'm good then. Thanks for the help.

osjacume

Mar 3, 2017
I confirm , it's my passport

I was supposed to get it on May 23/24 but it came sooner
Congratulations for getting your passport!
I’ve also applied for it (from Montreal) they received the application on May 1st, how many days did it take them to process your request?

Thank you

Reactions: salutcemoi

madam-m

Star Member
Mar 2, 2014
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,
Can we upload the 7 pages form from internet and full fill it and sign it?
And what else we need for applying for passport. The photos also I know.
Do you have direct link what else we need? Thanks.

Kabuki

May 18, 2018
Hi,
Can we upload the 7 pages form from internet and full fill it and sign it?
And what else we need for applying for passport. The photos also I know.
Do you have direct link what else we need? Thanks.
You can fill it up as a PDF online but you will have to print it and only then you will be able to fill up the references and guarantor part.
you will only need 3 pages that will have your signature on them.And as you said new recent passport photos.

Thamely

Star Member
Nov 23, 2017
Congratulations for getting your passport!
I’ve also applied for it (from Montreal) they received the application on May 1st, how many days did it take them to process your request?

Thank you
Hi, I apploed for my passport here in Montreal, did you receive it?, I left my application in a Services Canada Office on May 9 th, and nothig yet.

KRP

Jan 13, 2012
Category........
FSW
LANDED..........
01/02/2011

netflixtrialps

Star Member
Jan 28, 2019
Can I change the signature once I receive the passport? I always wanted to change my signature but didn’t change at the time of application because I didn’t want to conflict with my PR signature. I signed same as it is on my ID’s and PR signature for smooth processing.