+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
Hi guys! Yesterday Saturday I did the landing process! Here are the details:

I rented a car in Toronto and I drove to Detroit. It was a long driving 370 km x 2. I departed from Toronto early around 7 am. I spent the day in Detroit ( my first time there, not very exciting city, still strugling with the economic adversities but the people is nice and seem to be optimistic ). I used the Detroit-winsord tunnel, 6 cad everytime you use it. On my way back ( around 7 pm)I show my copr to the officer and he asked me to park and enter the office. Once in the office there were 3 immigration officers. We ( me and spouse) were the only people waiting for service. The officers looked very relax, even a little bit bored, probably they had a slow day. The service was fast and easy. They asked for passport and copr, wait 10 min and then asked us to sign copr and comfirm address. They aske if we already live in Canada and if we were introducing money or any item. We said no. We signed and that is it. The officer was nice and no hassle at all.

Last edited:

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
Anyone know, if we can move to different province after getting passports and if there is any forum for PR cards time frame??
I have been hearing that it can impose a problem if we move too soon. Lots of our friends have stayed in their provinces for 2 years as there have been refusing the extension of a PR after 5 years and even the app for citizenship.
I do know that people are saying that you are now a PR and can do what you please, however if the story's of refusals are even 50% correct... no thank you,after these struggles and wait

AnnaBui

Mar 17, 2018
Hi guys! Yesterday Saturday I did the landing process! Here are the details:

I rented a car in Toronto and I drove to Detroit. It was a long driving 370 km x 2. I departed from Toronto early around 7 am. I spent the day in Detroit ( my first time there, not very exciting city, still strugling with the economic adversities but the people is nice and seem to be optimistic ). I used the Detroit-winsord tunnel, 6 cad everytime you use it. On my way back ( around 7 pm)I show my copr to the officer and he asked me to park and enter the office. Once in the office there were 3 immigration officers. We ( me and spouse) were the only people waiting for service. The officers looked very relax, even a little bit bored, probably they had a slow day. The service was fast and easy. They asked for passport and copr, wait 10 min and then asked us to sign copr and comfirm address. They aske if we already live in Canada and if we were introducing money or any item. We said no. We signed and that is it. The officer was nice and no hassle at all.
Well, thank you for your sharing