+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport sent to ottawa 2019 after ppr

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
For inland people...
How and where are you planing to activate you PR?
Someone asked me, but I have no plans or idea where to go to. Therefore, I would like to hear your options.
Especially interested in ON, due to the limitations on the borders

Josh_math

Star Member
May 1, 2017
Nomination.....
OINP Ph.D. Stream
For inland people...
Someone asked me, but I have no plans or idea where to go to. Therefore, I would like to hear your options.
You may call cic to make an apppointment in your local office. I have heard that it may take 2 weeks to have your appointment. Advantage of this you do not need to go to a border crossing. Alternatively you can go to a border crossing to process your PR on the spot. Disadvantage: 1. Niagara region crossing only process PR tuesday and wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm and they have a limited number of applications per day so you must be there in the morning. All other crossings (sarnia, windsor, ottawa region, st. Sault marie) do not have time or day restrictions 2.You need to flagpole i.e. get out of Canada and return to process your application. If you do not have usa visa you will get an administrative entry refusal and sent back to Canada side and process your PR. I am not sure but being rejected entry from usa may have an impact if later you really need to go to usa ( like being requiered by your job). If you have usa visa then just go for shopping to the american side and on your way back process your PR ( if in niagara region see time day restrictions). Moreover people have been reporting that immigration officers are sometimes grumpy when you show up to process your PR on border as the copr says "if you are not able to make an appointment by phone you can go to the border ....." so they are not happy to have us there to do this ( even though i have not heard of anyone being refuses to process their PR there, just be humble and nice with the officer in case you get the grumpy one)

Last edited:

MissyTin

Mar 1, 2017
You may call cic to make an apppointment in your local office. I have heard that it may take 2 weeks to have your appointment. Advantage of this you do not need to go to a border crossing. Alternatively you can go to a border crossing to process your PR on the spot. Disadvantage: 1. Niagara region crossing only process PR tuesday and wednesday from 8 am to 4 pm and they have a limited number of applications per day so you must be there in the morning. All other crossings (sarnia, windsor, ottawa region, st. Sault marie) do not have time or day restrictions 2.You need to flagpole i.e. get out of Canada and return to process your application. If you do not have usa visa you will get an administrative entry refusal and sent back to Canada side and process your PR. I am not sure but being rejected entry from usa may have an impact if later you really need to go to usa ( like being requiered by your job). If you have usa visa then just go for shopping to the american side and on your way back process your PR ( if in niagara region see time day restrictions).
So what's your plan?
I do know about 2 options, but I'm currently considering what to do.

I have tried getting my local office, but no luck today.

Eri_

Dec 18, 2018
For inland people...
Yes i asked you i am also from visa exempt country so i think it will came fast the Corp but i am under implied status still and thinking of what to do .. i really dont want to wait till i receive my new work permit .. i am from alberta so all tell me to do the landing in Coutts ..when i used to live in Montreal i had done it in the borders that are close to NY but i am not sure for the name.. it was a border crossing for my working permit it was a really good experience.. i think that we will get better service in places that they have bigger volume landings to do because they are used to it and that is what i have seen from my experience...

Reactions: MissyTin