+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Sent to IRCC for PR Stamp

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
Hi,

I was sent an email on 6th Nov requesting my passport as they had my PR visa ready. I sent my passport on 7th and it had delivered on the 8th. I had not heard for 2 weeks and I called them and they said they hadnt registered it as received yet because there is a backlog. They found it the same day apparently and the guy on the phone said it should be done and ready soon. A week later (last thursday) I still had not heard anything and neither did I see that the return mail was activated. I called and they said they are working on it and I should email them if I want to request it expedited. I travel on the 13th of Dec and I desperately need my passport back- my flight was booked long ago. 2 days ago (3rd Dec) I got an update on myCIC that my application and documents were approved so I was happy thinking they will mail out my passport soon.
However I just received a response from the email (that I sent 5 days ago) saying travel is not a valid reason to expedite but they are still working on my passport- but i should expect a delay since there is a back log. I am so concerned because I really need to travel!!

Is anyone else going through this too?? Is there anything I can do??

Thanks!

akhul31

Dec 5, 2017
so i finally spoke to someone yesterday and he said my application has been approved on 2nd but it has not been mailed yet!! because they havent sent it to Canada post. I'm only 1 week away from my trip and seeing how this process has taken 1 month overall- i am not sure if they will even bother mailing it out anytime soon... these guys are of no help!!