Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
Hey guys,

anyone has experience how much time it takes for the PR to be stamped on the Passport ? i have sent the passport on 12/07/2017 and received confirmation it reached Vienna office through the Dusseldorf Germany VAC office on the 14/07/2017. also if anyone knows if i have to settle in Quebec and for how long in the beginning should i have to stay there ? because i applied for Quebec not federal.

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
Guess people who got approved don't hang out with us anymore XD

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
Hi Gizmology, I have seen that it took 5 years to go through the whole process for applying to Quebec. Is this time normal? I am wondering how Quebec sees the changes of situations during the 5 years. For example, applicant surely gets older during these time, their age point is calculated as the time when they applied or when their case was processed? Thank you!

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
Hi Gizmology, I have seen that it took 5 years to go through the whole process for applying to Quebec. Is this time normal? I am wondering how Quebec sees the changes of situations during the 5 years. For example, applicant surely gets older during these time, their age point is calculated as the time when they applied or when their case was processed? Thank you!
no i don't think so, since they are issuing my Permanent visa permit now, so i'd say it is calculated from the time i applied.

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
I wouldn't say that this time is standard, because i am Syrian and you know it's complicated and i also moved a lot so i would assume the security check for these guys was hell.

starrylilac

Aug 1, 2017
App. Filed.......
07-08-2017
Thanks Gizmology! 5 years are quite a time! I am hesitating whether to apply for Quebec or Federal EE...

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
Thanks Gizmology! 5 years are quite a time! I am hesitating whether to apply for Quebec or Federal EE...
go with which every you prefer to live with, if you prefer english go with federal although there is a huge anglo community in Montreal but i would bet you need french as well. also consider job market and prospects... it all comes down to your preferences and check with your nationality previous experiences would help and which is faster to get. people don't realize that Quebec almost takes the same time as federal because you have to get two approvals the CSQ from Quebec and the federal too.

poisonapple

Nov 3, 2014
Montreal
Category........
QSW
Visa Office......
Sydney/Ottawa
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
14-11-2016
AOR Received.
15-02-2017
Med's Done....
20-04-2017
Passport Req..
Hey guys,

anyone has experience how much time it takes for the PR to be stamped on the Passport ? i have sent the passport on 12/07/2017 and received confirmation it reached Vienna office through the Dusseldorf Germany VAC office on the 14/07/2017. also if anyone knows if i have to settle in Quebec and for how long in the beginning should i have to stay there ? because i applied for Quebec not federal.
Now a days CIC is taking anywhere 2-4 weeks for PPR stamping for Inland folks(who are in Canada and VO is Ottawa) , it should vary as per your consulate ...To answer your second question you have to do first landing in Quebec/Montreal ... duration of stay is something very subjective ...it is advisable to stay atleast couple of months, your PR card and other stuff will delivered here (as you have signed intent to stay in Quebec) but again as PR holder you are free to go anywhere...

Reactions: APPNOV2014NY

gizmology3

Jan 31, 2017
Germany
Category........
Visa Office......
Paris
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Med's Done....
03/09/2016
Now a days CIC is taking anywhere 2-4 weeks for PPR stamping for Inland folks(who are in Canada and VO is Ottawa) , it should vary as per your consulate ...To answer your second question you have to do first landing in Quebec/Montreal ... duration of stay is something very subjective ...it is advisable to stay atleast couple of months, your PR card and other stuff will delivered here (as you have signed intent to stay in Quebec) but again as PR holder you are free to go anywhere...
how about outland, that's the only question in need to be answered but according to your answer i would guess it won't be more than 1.5 month, because they have your passport for this whole time and there is no processing times for the passport stamp.