+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport send but not getting any response

Nealkant

Jun 8, 2013
Hi,
I am a new member and find myself in a very complex situation
my application for PR has been approved sometime in april13 and I have to send my passport and my family passport to Canada for visa stamping.
I send to them all the passport from UK to Canada (Indian passport working in UK on work permit) in may13.
It has been received by them in june
and visa has been stamped for only a month since my daughter passport expire in july13.
To expedite the process they asked me to send Canada address which I have given to them and here the problem started
1. I have given wrong flat no. Of my friend address though everything else is correct.
2. I asked to Canada immigration after 2 days once I realise my mistake to send to correct address .

The problem is

1. I am not sure whether they have send my passport to wrong address or right address since not getting any response from them.
2. since the passport has been send by regular mail I am not able to track it.
3. Since I just have 1 month duration I am not sure by that time I will be even get my passport back, in that case do I need to apply again.
4. I m in UK and If I never receive the passport I don't know what to say to UK police to get the FIR against which I can apply for the new passport.
Please help and suggest if anyone has gone through that situation.

sara007

Jan 4, 2013
I think you should immediately inform people staying at address which you wrongly mentioned to CIC. So that just in case, if they receive they will let you know.

Nealkant

Jun 8, 2013
Problem is, the address ie flat no. I mentioned to them not exist, rest everything was correct. I have also mentioned the mobile no. Of my friend to Canada immigration. If mail has been send mentioning the mobile no. then my only hope is Canada post person will call, total luck.

In case mail has been send back to Canada immigration office then i miss the deadline for port of entry's I what will happen, can I request them to provide me a new visa?