+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport seized and expired.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
No he wasn't accepted at all. He is rejected refugee claimant and out of status for 3 years. I recently sponsored him. So when should he write to the IRCC? Is it better to do it now or wait for the approval AIP ? And how long it took you to get that letter/email from IRCC ?

I wrote to IRCC as soon as they requested a balid passport, it took them a month to send that exception letter.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
When they seized his passport, he was given a seizure letter correct? He can include that letter with the letter he writes them. (I didn’t do that because I had lost my seizure letter lol and it worked out fine)

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
When they seized his passport, he was given a seizure letter correct? He can include that letter with the letter he writes them. (I didn’t do that because I had lost my seizure letter lol and it worked out fine)
Well i wish he had that letter as well but his crazy ex wife destroyed everything including his work permit when they were about to separate.. He only have scanned Pdf doc of his old passport.. Its like photocopy but it says certificated copy and has two officers immigration signs that's all.

live&love

Apr 25, 2018
Well i wish he had that letter as well but his crazy ex wife destroyed everything including his work permit when they were about to separate.. He only have scanned Pdf doc of his old passport.. Its like photocopy but it says certificated copy and has two officers immigration signs that's all.
Then just do what I told you, don’t worry about the seizure letter, good luck.

Mahmoud_1

Star Member
Aug 13, 2017
Thanks for this information. My hubby applied as refugee claimant long time ago and they seized his passport, he got denied and lived 2-3 years out of status and i sponsored him now. I believe they will ask him to bring valid passport which he does not have if they approve our sponsorship . He has only scanned Pdf document of his passport certified true copy CIC gave him when they seized his passport. He doesn't have original photocopy because his crazy ex wife destroyed all his documents and everything. What route we should take since he can't renew his passport because he doesn't have it? His passport also expired long time ago. Can you please guide us. Much appreciated.

What is your timeline on your Application? Am also denied refugee 2017 and my application was received April 2018 .I received passport request on the January 2019 and last month I got decision made both side and I received SA and AIP .I think you have until they request for the passport.I wish u all the best .

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
What is your timeline on your Application? Am also denied refugee 2017 and my application was received April 2018 .I received passport request on the January 2019 and last month I got decision made both side and I received SA and AIP .I think you have until they request for the passport.I wish u all the best .
We applied on December 2018
How did you resolve your passport issue if you had any?

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
I uploaded my ultrason baby records through the IRCC WEB FORM but the agent strangely told me that I'm not a representative. Why would I need to add representative since it's my application?? I don't want to use representative as I'm sponsor. I don't understand this .. Here's what they wrote :

Good day XXXX,

Thank you for contacting Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada (IRCC).

We can confirm the reception of the documents.

If further information is needed, a request may be sent by the responsible office.

However, there is no information stating that you are a representative on this file. If you wish to obtain further information, the applicant must provide written consent to IRCC by completing the Use of a Representative form and submitting it via the IRCC Web form available on our website. You may also contact the appropriate governing body to verify that you are a member in good standing.

If you already provided a Use of a Representative form, please resend the form and make sure to fill out all sections of the form correctly.

For more information on using a lawyer or other representative, or on how to become a representative, please visit our website.

You may also visit the online Help Centre or our website for further information. You can search by typing keywords.

We hope the information provided is helpful in assisting you with your enquiry.

We would also like to suggest the following online services that might be helpful to you with any immigration, refugee and/or citizenship future requests:

Download application forms and guides
Change of address
Check your application status
Help Centre - To find answers, you may consult the different sections or type keywords related to your question.

Sincerely,

Xxx, Agent xxx
Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada
https://www.canada.ca/en/services/immigration-citizenship.html

Last edited:

Scion721

Sep 11, 2019
Hi.. i read your thread about expired passport and seized . Where did you get this information of proving the seizure letter and writing a letter?Is there some specific jargon in it that would be mandatory? Did your lawyer provide this info to you? Or did you call the IRCC help centre, and they advised what to write? We just received the letter today about proving a valid passport ( which was seized and now expired) before I met my husband. Do you think we should have provided the seizure letter with the expired passport copy when we first submitted the application for spousal?

VancouverIsland

May 2, 2018
Hi.. i read your thread about expired passport and seized . Where did you get this information of proving the seizure letter and writing a letter?Is there some specific jargon in it that would be mandatory? Did your lawyer provide this info to you? Or did you call the IRCC help centre, and they advised what the write? We just received the letter today about proving a valid passport ( which was seized) before i met my husband. Do you think we should have provided the seizure letter with the expired passport copy when we first submitted the application for spousal?
As far as I know they now sending expired passport to clients and asking them to renew it. You can still provide them seizure letter including expired passport pages as pdf via webform and ask for exemption letter. Is your spouse refugee claimant?