+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport seized and expired.

Misakaswal

Star Member
Apr 13, 2018
Hi All can anybody please tell that what is the procedure for getting seized passport back from Cbsa after becoming PR and if anybody get his seized documents back from Cbsa during COVID please if anybody have updated information

Akhenatonbta

Star Member
Jan 29, 2020
Hahah LOL, you are welcome. Yes you need to write a letter and send it with the seizure form.

Keep in mind at sponsorship is completely different than refugee program. So it’s handled differently. That means when you go to your landing interview, the officer is going to expect you have a valid passport, show them the exemption letter that they are going to issue it to you, then he/she will request for your passport to be returned to you. That’s what happened in my case at least lol
Hi man,

do you have to write a letter to ask for you seized passport? Ordo they send you automatically when you got PR?

Feb 21, 2021
I wrote to IRCC as soon as they requested a balid passport, it took them a month to send that exception letter.
Hi guys need some advice, I'm a refugee who was refused and then appealed the decision and then got married to a Canadian who was my girlfriend before I got refused and then her family was very supportive and we decided to get married on our 1 year anniversary of being dating, we applied for spusal sponsorship and our application is almost complete waiting for the SA & AIP and the decision to be made and 4 weeks away from our time line. Now we received the appeal and they have refused me again and now they say I could send a aplication to the federal court but I was hoping I would have got my PR by then but this came before my spousal sponsorship been accepted, if i don't say yes to federal court they will send me a removal oder then what will happen can I still stay because I'm in the last few decision on our sponsorship aplication to be PR..?? I really appreciate if any thoughts.