+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport returned without visa issuance - London VO

Scrp2014

Dec 16, 2014
Alurra71 said:
As a sponsor, if you are not a Canadian citizen you MUST remain in Canada until your wifes visa is stamped and she has landed. If you are a Canadian PR this would be why the passport was returned without a visa. You left Canada and moved to the US.

If you are a Canadian citizen, by moving to the US and taking a job there and then proceeding to get a visa to bring your wife there you are showing them you have no intentions of residing in Canada which would also trigger non issuance of her visa. I suspect she will get a letter outlining why her visa was not issued.
You are absolutely right but the point here is in US work visa is temporary without any obligation of staying in US. So if i loose my job or take a job in Canada, where would my wife go? if they reject the case based on this than it would be totally injust since Canadian citizens are entitles to sponsor their wife per CIC sponsorship guidelines etc.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
July 25, 2014/ received August 1, 2014
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Scrp2014 said:
You are absolutely right but the point here is in US work visa is temporary without any obligation of staying in US. So if i loose my job or take a job in Canada, where would my wife go? if they reject the case based on this than it would be totally injust since Canadian citizens are entitles to sponsor their wife per CIC sponsorship guidelines etc.
actually it's not unjust. PR isn't suppose to be for "back up" plans in case things don't work out in the us. it is for someone who intends to actually LIVE and SETTLE in canada directly upon approval. it is well known a reason for rejection is because there is no immediate intention to move back to canada. it is the responsiblity of the sponsor and applicant to do this when they want to be in canada PERMANENTLY. there is no reason to have canadian PR otherwise. some would argue what you are trying to attempt is being "unjust" becasuse there are many many many applicants who are willing and ready to move tomorrow if they were approved, and they have to "unjustly" wait years to get the right to be with their spouse.

Scrp2014

Dec 16, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
actually it's not unjust. PR isn't suppose to be for "back up" plans in case things don't work out in the us. it is for someone who intends to actually LIVE and SETTLE in canada directly upon approval. it is well known a reason for rejection is because there is no immediate intention to move back to canada. it is the responsiblity of the sponsor and applicant to do this when they want to be in canada PERMANENTLY. there is no reason to have canadian PR otherwise. some would argue what you are trying to attempt is being "unjust" becasuse there are many many many applicants who are willing and ready to move tomorrow if they were approved, and they have to "unjustly" wait years to get the right to be with their spouse.
I agree with what you said. but what do canadian citizens do who are in other countries for work study. they cant really get marry to a non-canadian or if they do than they have to be apart for 2-3 years while going through a long spouse sponsorship process..

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Scrp2014 said:
I agree with what you said. but what do canadian citizens do who are in other countries for work study. they cant really get marry to a non-canadian or if they do than they have to be apart for 2-3 years while going through a long spouse sponsorship process..
the sponsor has a choice to apply to live in the country of their spouse, to work or go to school in canada, or take their spouse with them where they need to go. there are more choices than living apart. it is understandable if plans or opportunities change unexpectedly. the point is, if a couple KNOWS NOW they don't plan to be in canada long term for some time, then NOW is not the time to apply for pr.

Scrp2014

Dec 16, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
the sponsor has a choice to apply to live in the country of their spouse, to work or go to school in canada, or take their spouse with them where they need to go. there are more choices than living apart. it is understandable if plans or opportunities change unexpectedly. the point is, if a couple KNOWS NOW they don't plan to be in canada long term for some time, then NOW is not the time to apply for pr.
But we do want to move Canada from US and live there instead in US. That is what i have tried to explain to visa office and provided documents from employer that he is a temporary employee on TN visa etc. etc..
I am not sure what else I need to do for demonstrating my intention? Do you know if anyone on here or somewhere have sponsored spouse while being out of canada?

Alurra71

VIP Member
Oct 5, 2012
Ontario
Visa Office......
Vegreville
App. Filed.......
07-12-2012
AOR Received.
21-01-2013
Interview........
waived
VISA ISSUED...
28-11-2013
LANDED..........
19-12-2013
Scrp2014 said:
But we do want to move Canada from US and live there instead in US. That is what i have tried to explain to visa office and provided documents from employer that he is a temporary employee on TN visa etc. etc..
I am not sure what else I need to do for demonstrating my intention? Do you know if anyone on here or somewhere have sponsored spouse while being out of canada?
Many people have sponsored a spouse while living outside of Canada. Nobody is saying that is the exact reason why your application was rejected, only giving you reasons WHY it might have not been stamped. You'll need to wait to get a letter from CIC which states the reasons why. If you have not updated your wifes address with CIC Islamabad to reflect her currently being in the US then she may have mail at her address back 'home'. See if there is someone there to check it for you as that is where the correspondence would go. The Sponsor won't get any notification, far as a I know.

If it is a rejection based on living in the US then you will either have to appeal the decision, which can take years and thousands of dollars, or you can re-apply and show them solid proof that you intend to move back to Canada as soon as your wife has her PR stamp. I, personally, would re-apply. Appealing their decision would not be easy because if they refused based on the grounds you moved and got a visa for yourself and your spouse to the US after filing the application to sponsor her to Canada, well, that is reasonable grounds and would be hard to argue.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Scrp2014 said:
there are plenty of things that are done to prove intentions on moving back:

writing a letter expressing your plans
asking family to write letters expressing their willingness to help you with a place to stay while you "get on your feet"
research done on areas to live in, recruiters to contact, jobs to apply for, etc.
anything that shows you have started the legwork to settle in a new location.

i can't see how showing them you have a temporary work permit in another countryshows that. does it expire within the next few months? if not, they will assume you will wait until it expires to move (or maybe apply for another instead), which for CIC can be a sign that you don't have IMMEDIATE intentions to move back to canada. was anything included with the information about your work permit that explains your plans? if not, then how would they know you are ready NOW to come to canada? it is your responsiblity to explain that to them. CIC is not going to connect the dots the way you want them to unless you tell them how they connect. To CIC, having a work permit in another country (temporary or not) probably does NOT show immediate intentions to settle in canada.

they want to see IMMEDIATE plans, not just somewhat in the future plans. a couple was recently rejected because their timeframe for moving back was too far in advanced in CIC's eyes. From CIC's point of view, if you're not ready NOW, then you need to reapply when you are ready!

As allura said, your wife needs to see if she received any mail from CIC at the address used in her application. that letter will probably explain why her passport was returned without her visa.

Scrp2014

Dec 16, 2014
rhcohen2014 said:
there are plenty of things that are done to prove intentions on moving back:

writing a letter expressing your plans
asking family to write letters expressing their willingness to help you with a place to stay while you "get on your feet"
research done on areas to live in, recruiters to contact, jobs to apply for, etc.
anything that shows you have started the legwork to settle in a new location.

i can't see how showing them you have a temporary work permit in another countryshows that. does it expire within the next few months? if not, they will assume you will wait until it expires to move (or maybe apply for another instead), which for CIC can be a sign that you don't have IMMEDIATE intentions to move back to canada. was anything included with the information about your work permit that explains your plans? if not, then how would they know you are ready NOW to come to canada? it is your responsiblity to explain that to them. CIC is not going to connect the dots the way you want them to unless you tell them how they connect. To CIC, having a work permit in another country (temporary or not) probably does NOT show immediate intentions to settle in canada.

they want to see IMMEDIATE plans, not just somewhat in the future plans. a couple was recently rejected because their timeframe for moving back was too far in advanced in CIC's eyes. From CIC's point of view, if you're not ready NOW, then you need to reapply when you are ready!

As allura said, your wife needs to see if she received any mail from CIC at the address used in her application. that letter will probably explain why her passport was returned without her visa.
Thank you for your detail analysis on this. Even though not so much encouraging for me but thats what it is. Actually things just happened at last moments and we missed the passport request by just 1 month when she was still in her home country and she came to US when the request came in for passport. I should have let her go back and submit passport there instead of sending passport to LVO.
We both have families at two home addresses and we have not received any letters at either. Is there any chance that there is an error from CIC not stamping visa? Its hard to believe that they would return passport without dropping any notes about it.

rhcohen2014

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2014
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
March 17, 2014
Doc's Request.
April 11, 2014
AOR Received.
May 8, 2014
File Transfer...
May 9, 2014
Med's Request
upfront
Med's Done....
Nov 15, 2013
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
July 15, 2014
VISA ISSUED...
LANDED..........
August 29, 2014
Scrp2014 said:
Thank you for your detail analysis on this. Even though not so much encouraging for me but thats what it is. Actually things just happened at last moments and we missed the passport request by just 1 month when she was still in her home country and she came to US when the request came in for passport. I should have let her go back and submit passport there instead of sending passport to LVO.
We both have families at two home addresses and we have not received any letters at either. Is there any chance that there is an error from CIC not stamping visa? Its hard to believe that they would return passport without dropping any notes about it.
that's why it's suggested to send a case specific inquiry to the visa office and/or try to get an MP to inquire on your behalf. it's nearly impossible for anyone here to tell you why it was returned or if it was done in error.

nghile

Oct 8, 2015
Visa Office......
Singapore
App. Filed.......
15/12/2015
Doc's Request.
no
AOR Received.
06/02/2016
File Transfer...
SA 19/02/2016 AOR2 26/02/2016
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
02/06/2016 - sent 06/06/2016
VISA ISSUED...
20/06/2016
LANDED..........
August , 2016
Ali4507 said:
Can you please tell us what happens at your case ? Same situation I am facing.
Did you get "Decision made" after passport request ?

Ali4507

Jun 4, 2016
Decision was made and we were asked to submit our passport for visa issuance but when they returned passport one of my dependent child passport was not stamped with visa others passport were stamped with visa.

mandiebraxton

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
Ali4507 said:
Decision was made and we were asked to submit our passport for visa issuance but when they returned passport one of my dependent child passport was not stamped with visa others passport were stamped with visa.
What is the citizenship of the dependent child whose passport was not stamped?
*Mandie*

Ali4507

Jun 4, 2016
My dependent child is pakistani. My Allah family including submitted passport for visa issuance at cic islamabad. All passports were stamped with visa except one of dependent child. It's 25the day but CIC london is not responding on his case though we sent them emails to intimate us about my dependent child visa and landing papers.