+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport returned without landing documents

RECE2012

Apr 28, 2014
On 25th June 2014 I was asked to submit our passports to CPC-O for landing documents. The passports were submitted accordingly on 3rd July, 2014.
However near the end of July I requested my passport to use for a trip to attend an urgent family matter.
And today I got the email from Case Processing Centre - Ottawa...

"Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that your passports are being mailed back to you today. Here is the tracking number for your passports: PG 285 196 898 CA (Your passports are being mailed back to you via expresspost in the pre-addressed expresspost envelope you submitted to our office).

You will not be receiving your landing documents in the envelope. Our office is not ready to issue landing documents at this time; we will re-request your passports in order to issue your landing documents at a later date.

All best wishes,

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des demandes – Ottawa AB01635"

I was informed that the emergency has passed and I now will not need to travel back to my country at this time. What can I do? I have never heard that happened before. Do I re-send my passport to CPC-O again or do I just wait for an other request?

BigBee

Oct 10, 2013
RECE2012 said:
On 25th June 2014 I was asked to submit our passports to CPC-O for landing documents. The passports were submitted accordingly on 3rd July, 2014.
However near the end of July I requested my passport to use for a trip to attend an urgent family matter.
And today I got the email from Case Processing Centre - Ottawa...

"Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail.

Please be advised that your passports are being mailed back to you today. Here is the tracking number for your passports: PG 285 196 898 CA (Your passports are being mailed back to you via expresspost in the pre-addressed expresspost envelope you submitted to our office).

You will not be receiving your landing documents in the envelope. Our office is not ready to issue landing documents at this time; we will re-request your passports in order to issue your landing documents at a later date.

All best wishes,

Case Processing Centre - Ottawa | Centre de Traitement des demandes – Ottawa AB01635"

I was informed that the emergency has passed and I now will not need to travel back to my country at this time. What can I do? I have never heard that happened before. Do I re-send my passport to CPC-O again or do I just wait for an other request?
Its quite unfortunate that you have to be in a situation like this, AFAIK, you dont have any other choice except to wait for CIC to ask you to send the passport for stamping.

Buddy, just stay positive and everything will be good.

Good luck.

canvan14

May 8, 2014
Maybe you can email CIC back and inform them that the emergency has passed and you are now ready to receive the passport request again. So they can at least put you in queue for the re-issued PPR batch.
If I remember correctly in the PPR CIC did mention they can re-issue PPR or extend it on a case to case basis and it does take some time (e.g. people who request to have their passports stamped at another office). Hang in there and you will receive it eventually since the email did mention they will re-issue it to you "at a later day".
Best of luck!