+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport return time after refusal from abu dhabi

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
Can any body share his or her experience in how many days do v get our passport back. I got refusal on 3 aug 2016. Yet there is no news about my pp from vac.

KingOfHadejia

Aug 14, 2016
I didn't know they rejected visas after asking for a passport. I guess I was wrong. I was sent a message in my CIC account saying a decision had been made and they asked for my passport. I assumed it meant I was going to get my visa.

SH29

Jul 31, 2016
KingOfHadejia said:
I didn't know they rejected visas after asking for a passport. I guess I was wrong. I was sent a message in my CIC account saying a decision had been made and they asked for my passport. I assumed it meant I was going to get my visa.
After how long did u get your passport request?

ambersabarabia

Star Member
Nov 26, 2010
KingOfHadejia said:
[/quote
Passport was submitted along with the application and other documents.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
KingOfHadejia said:
about 4 weeks, I think my visa has been rejected because 4 weeks is too fast for an approval
I don't think your visa was rejected. If your visa is rejected, why would they ask you for your passport?

Reactions: bahaa123

MicrowaveSafe

Jul 27, 2016
The OP never said he got a passport request, maybe he submitted his passport when he first applied like i did to save time. I've never heard of anyone getting a passport request then rejection (I'm not an expert or anything so I could be wrong). Your visa is probably approved if you got a passport request and approval/rejection has very little correlation with time it takes to make a decision. I know people who got their visas in 3weeks when processing time was 11 weeks and similarly people who got rejections in three weeks. There's no real pattern.

JayTriVedi

Star Member
Aug 10, 2016
Barrie
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
Ottawa
App. Filed.......
10-09-2019
Doc's Request.
Attchd with application
Passport Req..
14-03-2020
LANDED..........
02-06-2020
MicrowaveSafe said:
The OP never said he got a passport request, maybe he submitted his passport when he first applied like i did to save time. I've never heard of anyone getting a passport request then rejection (I'm not an expert or anything so I could be wrong). Your visa is probably approved if you got a passport request and approval/rejection has very little correlation with time it takes to make a decision. I know people who got their visas in 3weeks when processing time was 11 weeks and similarly people who got rejections in three weeks. There's no real pattern.

He Applied for Paper Based application in which passport is to be given with all necessary documents

MicrowaveSafe

Jul 27, 2016
JayTriVedi said:
He Applied for Paper Based application in which passport is to be given with all necessary documents
Yeah I read that, I was clarifying for one of the other posters who thought he got a passport request then a rejection. Anyway you dont have to submit your passport during paper based application you can choose to keep it and submit when they request

waitistough

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
MicrowaveSafe said:
Yeah I read that, I was clarifying for one of the other posters who thought he got a passport request then a rejection. Anyway you dont have to submit your passport during paper based application you can choose to keep it and submit when they request
In Pakistan it is normal to submit passport with application. You can request it back if you need for travelling purposes.

waitistough

Star Member
Jul 19, 2016
Islamabad
Category........
Visa Office......
Abudhabi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-06-2016
Doc's Request.
Not Yet
IELTS Request
Submitted with Application
File Transfer...
01-07-2016
Med's Request
Not yet
Med's Done....
Not yet
Interview........
Not yet
Passport Req..
submitted with application
VISA ISSUED...
Not Yet
LANDED..........
Not yet
ambersabarabia said:
At which email id i shud contact????
if one need passport in the middle of processing, write a letter to vfs and submit travel iterany with it, they will give ur passport back to you and after decision they will request for passport again.
In ur case you should really contact vfs they will help u. I think you have applied from Pakistan, your passport will be in Islamabad High Commission. VFS can easily get it back for you.

mdan

Jul 8, 2016
In my experience, I got refused on the 4th of August and received my passport on the 8th of August.