+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport requested - what all needs to be sent?

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Hi,

Newbie here. I submitted a tourist visa application and today got an email asking me to send my passport. As per www . cic . gc . ca / submit,

"You must submit your passport at the visa application centre (VAC) in New York

Canadian Visa Application Centre – New York
290 Madison Ave, 2nd Floor
New York, NY 10017
USA

This can be done by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address
The VAC consent form
A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable
Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information."

Now there's a lot of information on the New York VAC website. My queries:
1. The only fee I have to pay is "Passport delivery / e-Application of $34.10" right?
2. The payment can only be made by bank draft, cashier’s cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc.? Or can I pay online?
3. The pre-paid return envelope - how much worth of stamp should I put on the envelope? I live in Boston, MA.
4. Is there anything else I need to send them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Samrat

johnyeu

Jun 27, 2014
Did you send your application online? i dont know how;s the NY CVAC reqs but usually you send the YOU print the letter form CIC asking you to send your passport, enclose your passport, a manager's check in the amount asked, a self-stamped envelope where your passport is to be sent back. I suggest if you're not sure you better find the contact number of NY CVAC and ask, its best top be sure :)

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
Hi Samrat,

I am in same situation, I got email from CIC today to submit the passport, Link on the passport request letter pointing to submit at VAC New york and not the consulate, wondering did you figured out the right process ?

I applied online and uploaded all the required documents online. Now Do I have to pay VAC application fee of $34.10 ?If so what shall I mention on pay to on money order and sent the documents to below address ?

New York, NY 10017
USA

Please advise if you have found the process.

Thanks in advance..!!!

samratbaweja said:
Hi,

Newbie here. I submitted a tourist visa application and today got an email asking me to send my passport. As per www . cic . gc . ca / submit,

"You must submit your passport at the visa application centre (VAC) in New York

New York, NY 10017
USA

This can be done by mail or in person.

With your passport(s), make sure you include:

The passport request letter you received from CIC
Any applicable VAC fees, such as passport transmission fees
Full contact information, including a phone number and your full return address
The VAC consent form
A pre-paid return courier envelope, if applicable
Check the website of the New York VAC for all requirements and more information."

Now there's a lot of information on the New York VAC website. My queries:
1. The only fee I have to pay is "Passport delivery / e-Application of $34.10" right?
2. The payment can only be made by bank draft, cashier's cheque, certified cheque, or money order directed to CSC Consular Services Inc.? Or can I pay online?
3. The pre-paid return envelope - how much worth of stamp should I put on the envelope? I live in Boston, MA.
4. Is there anything else I need to send them?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

-Samrat

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Hi sr454,

Yes you have to pay the VAC application fee. Get a draft or money order (don't send a personal check) of $34.10 and send it to their Philadelphia office (address here: https : / / www . csc - cvac . com / en - US / selfservice / cvac _ application _ processing, remove all spaces). Send your passport, passport request letter, check/money order copy, consent form and return envelope to NY office (same address that you have written) and you are good to go!

sr454 said:
Hi Samrat,

I am in same situation, I got email from CIC today to submit the passport, Link on the passport request letter pointing to submit at VAC New york and not the consulate, wondering did you figured out the right process ?

I applied online and uploaded all the required documents online. Now Do I have to pay VAC application fee of $34.10 ?If so what shall I mention on pay to on money order and sent the documents to below address ?

New York, NY 10017
USA

Please advise if you have found the process.

Thanks in advance..!!!

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
Thanks a lot Samrat for the quick response :). I got the address for VAC Philadelphia office as below. What all documents I need to include along with money order check when sending to VAC Philadelphia office ? Shall I have to reference my application number or UCI number anywhere on the money order that I mail to Philadelphia office or include passport request letter or any sort of document suggesting I have applied for visitor visa ?

Also I have applied visitor visa for wife as well, We both got passport request letter. So assuming I have to mail two checks of $34.10 each (one for me and one for my spouse ?) Any idea on this ?

Again thanks much for helping me out on this.

CSC Consular Services Inc
Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500
Philadelphia, PA 19178-3352

samratbaweja said:
Hi sr454,

Yes you have to pay the VAC application fee. Get a draft or money order (don't send a personal check) of $34.10 and send it to their Philadelphia office (address here: https : / / www . csc - cvac . com / en - US / selfservice / cvac _ application _ processing, remove all spaces). Send your passport, passport request letter, check/money order copy, consent form and return envelope to NY office (same address that you have written) and you are good to go!

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
You don't have to send anything except the money order to the Philadelphia office. Just include it's copy in the documents you are sending to NY VAC.

Regarding your wife's payment, I am not sure about that. But I don't think it'll be a problem if you send two separate checks. You can just call the NY VAC office to confirm.

sr454 said:
Thanks a lot Samrat for the quick response :). I got the address for VAC Philadelphia office as below. What all documents I need to include along with money order check when sending to VAC Philadelphia office ? Shall I have to reference my application number or UCI number anywhere on the money order that I mail to Philadelphia office or include passport request letter or any sort of document suggesting I have applied for visitor visa ?

Also I have applied visitor visa for wife as well, We both got passport request letter. So assuming I have to mail two checks of $34.10 each (one for me and one for my spouse ?) Any idea on this ?

Again thanks much for helping me out on this.

Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
Excellent Samrat- Thanks again for answering my questions, You are really really helpful :)

Now I got answers to my questions, Here is the next steps I going to do, Please correct me If I miss anything, This will be helpful for future applicants as I want to post the procedure on this forum(hoping will be helpful for lot of other visa applicants who are waiting for answers )

1) Get a money order of $34.10 directed to CSC Consular Services Inc, (In my case I'll send two separate checks one for myself and one for my wife) and Send the checks to below address

Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500

2) Will mail below documents to VAC in New York
(i) Passport request letter received from CIC,
(ii) VAC money order Copy
(iii) Full Contact Information, Including Phone Number and full return address ( this is on this list of
documents to send on cic website passport submit list, Not sure did you had to send a page with
your details separately included in the package sent to VAC )
(iv) VAC Consent form(signed)
(v) Prepaid return envelope.
(vi) Original passports

Could you please let us know how long it took to receive back the passport with stamping after you sent the documents to VAC ?

Many Thanks

samratbaweja said:
You don't have to send anything except the money order to the Philadelphia office. Just include it's copy in the documents you are sending to NY VAC.

Regarding your wife's payment, I am not sure about that. But I don't think it'll be a problem if you send two separate checks. You can just call the NY VAC office to confirm.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Yes you are doing fine. I just printed out my full contact information and included it in the package.

Regarding the time, it's not fixed. I got it in the 2nd week. Normal time is 2-3 weeks as per VAC.

Cheers!

sr454 said:
Excellent Samrat- Thanks again for answering my questions, You are really really helpful :)

Now I got answers to my questions, Here is the next steps I going to do, Please correct me If I miss anything, This will be helpful for future applicants as I want to post the procedure on this forum(hoping will be helpful for lot of other visa applicants who are waiting for answers )

1) Get a money order of $34.10 directed to CSC Consular Services Inc, (In my case I'll send two separate checks one for myself and one for my wife) and Send the checks to below address

Lockbox 3352
PO Box 8500

2) Will mail below documents to VAC in New York
(i) Passport request letter received from CIC,
(ii) VAC money order Copy
(iii) Full Contact Information, Including Phone Number and full return address ( this is on this list of
documents to send on cic website passport submit list, Not sure did you had to send a page with
your details separately included in the package sent to VAC )
(iv) VAC Consent form(signed)
(v) Prepaid return envelope.
(vi) Original passports

Could you please let us know how long it took to receive back the passport with stamping after you sent the documents to VAC ?

Many Thanks

sr454

Jul 28, 2014
samratbaweja said:
Yes you are doing fine. I just printed out my full contact information and included it in the package.

Regarding the time, it's not fixed. I got it in the 2nd week. Normal time is 2-3 weeks as per VAC.

Cheers!
Thanks Samrat, I just happened to call VAC and they confirmed the same about full contact information document.
I'll mail my documents today or tomorrow at most. Thanks a lot for your help.

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
Hi.. can you guys please tell me how many days does it get for the new York office to ask for your passport. I submitted my online application on 28th july and have not heard back from them.
How long did it take for you guys?

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
Depends upon the case, I got mine within 3 days (I already had an expired Canadian visa and visas of several other countries). Average processing time is 38 days so you can't really ask them as well.

kdd said:
Hi.. can you guys please tell me how many days does it get for the new York office to ask for your passport. I submitted my online application on 28th july and have not heard back from them.
How long did it take for you guys?

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
oh thanks much for the reply! I have an expired canadian visa as well. I am looking to travel next weekend and am freaking out over this.

samratbaweja

Jun 25, 2014
I don't think you'll be able to travel next week. Even after they request for the passport, they normally take more than a week (2-3 weeks as per them) to stamp the visa and send it across to you.

kdd said:
oh thanks much for the reply! I have an expired canadian visa as well. I am looking to travel next weekend and am freaking out over this.

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
I am sorry I did not understand that.. did you mean I wont be able to travel or I will be?

kdd

Jul 30, 2014
Never mind I misread that.. Its weird that when I applied last year, I did it through mail and had everything back within a week.