+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

passport requested but I cant decide what to do..please advice !

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
Nov 3, 2016(passed)..January 17 ,2017 DM (Ecas)
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
hi,
I reside in Canada but applied outland and got passport request from ankara visa office.

I have work permit that expires on the 23rd of February and also I have a multiple-entry visa that expires on the same day.

I am from Turkey so I require visa.

should I send the passport to ottowa or Ankara?

if I send it to ottowa and my visa expiries or before it expires should I apply for TRV? if I apply for TRV I won't have my passport to be issued it will be sent to Ottawa already. I am confused.

help is appreciated.
here is the email.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: ankraimmigration@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

STEP 1: Change in Circumstances:

• Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

• Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
• Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
• Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
• Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
• Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

If you require a visa to enter Canada, then submit your passport(s):
• Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
• There must be at least two blank pages in your passport(s).
• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
• All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
• Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
• Passports that are not signed by the holder are not valid for travel.
If you do not require a visa to enter Canada:
• Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
• Ensure that your passport is valid for at least 12 months from the date of this letter.
• Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

STEP 3: PREPARE YOUR DOCUMENTS

You must submit together:

1. One copy of this letter.

2. Passport(s) OR photocopy(ies) of passport(s), as explained in Step 2.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

www.cic.gc.ca/english/information/applications/guides/pdf/5445EB-e.pdf
STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS
• All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.
• You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from the Visa Application Center (VAC) in your country of residence, using one of the following options:

1. In person or through an authorized representative:

 You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC.
 Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (please see below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.

2. By commercial courier:

 Please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

• The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).
• For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/index.html or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank@vfshelpline.com.

Submitting your document(s) in Canada
If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
• A self-addressed, pre-paid Xpresspost envelope from Canada Post.
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
Make a note of tracking numbers for each envelope.
Enclose this envelope along with your documents and a copy of this letter.
You can purchase a Canada Post shipping label on line at:
http://www.canadapost.ca/personal/tools/cst/intro-e.asp
Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

Submit all documents in a single package and send it to the following address:
CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,

Immigration Section- Ankara
Passport Submission Form (must be completed for each file)

Sous02

Jul 25, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
warsaw
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
18-04-16
Doc's Request.
22-08-2016
AOR Received.
06-05-16
File Transfer...
28-05-16
Med's Done....
Up front/passed
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
10-10-2016
VISA ISSUED...
17-10-2016
LANDED..........
02-11-2016
cyclist said:
hi,
I reside in Canada but applied outland and got passport request from ankara visa office.

I have work permit that expires on the 23rd of February and also I have a multiple-entry visa that expires on the same day.

if I send it to ottowa and my visa expiries or before it expires should I apply for TRV? if I apply for TRV I won't have my passport to be issued it will be sent to Ottawa already. I am confused.

help is appreciated.
here is the email.

The processing of your application for permanent residence in Canada is almost complete. You must complete the following steps within 30 days in order for our office to issue your Confirmation of Permanent Residence and, if applicable, your permanent residence visa. If for any reason you are not able to meet this deadline, please inform us immediately by email to: ankraimmigration@international.gc.ca with details concerning your situation.

• Should any of the following circumstances apply to you or any accompanying family member, you must inform this office immediately:
 Change in marital status, for example due to marriage, divorce, legal separation, annulment or death of spouse;
 Change in family composition, for example due to adoption or birth of a child, including a child born to your accompanying dependent child,
 Death of principal applicant, spouse, accompanying children, or death of sponsoring relative;
 Change in health;
 You or any of your accompanying family members being charged or convicted of a criminal offence
 Change in contact information: mailing address, e-mail address, or telephone number.

• Your failure to inform CIC of any of these changes may result in the cancellation of your permanent resident visa and may render you and your accompanying family members inadmissible to Canada.
• Your failure to declare all of your family members, accompanying or not, will permanently exclude them from sponsorship under the Family Class regulations.
• Any changes that result in visa reissuance will incur a Replacement of an Immigration Document charge of CAD$30 for each visa that needs to be re-issued.

STEP 2: Passport Requirements – Determine if you need to submit your passport(s)
• Determine whether you require a visa to enter Canada at www.cic.gc.ca/ENGLISH/visit/visas.asp
• Please note that if you or your accompanying family members are permanent residents of the U.S.A and a holder of a passport which requires a visa to enter Canada, you are still required to submit your passport(s).

• Please provide your passport or travel document and a passport or travel document for each accompanying family member. An accompanying family member must have his or her own passport or travel document.
• Please note that permanent resident visas cannot be placed in Diplomatic, Official or Military passports or travel documents.
• All passports must be intact and not worn, torn or otherwise damaged; the laminate on the bio-data page must be securely attached. Each page must be securely affixed to the passport; there cannot be any loose pages.
• Please submit one photocopy of the photo page and any pages containing amendments of the passport for you and one for each accompanying family member.
• Please note that you cannot use a Diplomatic, Official or Military passport to travel to Canada to become a permanent resident of Canada. You must be in possession of an ordinary passport.

3. Two (2) photos of yourself and of each accompanying family member respecting precise specifications that can be found at:

• All passport(s) and documents must be submitted to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in Ankara or Istanbul.
• You must submit your passport(s) and documents and collect your visa(s) from the Visa Application Center (VAC) in your country of residence, using one of the following options:

 You, or an authorized person you have designated, must attend to submit your passport(s) and documents to the VAC.
 Your authorized representative must present a Letter of Authorization (please see below) completed and signed by you, along with his/her identification document (preferably a valid passport) and a copy of this email.

 Please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/faq.html - “How can I retrieve my passport?” for details on what to include in your couriered package.

• The VAC will ensure safe and fast transmission of the passport(s) and documents to the Embassy, and back to the VAC once we have issued the visa(s).
• For hours of operation, VAC fees for these services, and any further information you require, please see: http://vfsglobal.ca/canada/Turkey/index.html or contact the VACs at info.canadatrank@vfshelpline.com.

If you have a mailing address in Canada and if you and all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you may submit your passport(s) to the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa.
You are required to send your document(s) together along with a copy of this letter by mail or courier to the following address with the additional following document:
Purchase your prepaid letter-sized (32 x 24 cm) Canada Post Xpresspost envelope (Regional if you live in Ontario or Quebec; National for other provinces and territories), at any Canada Post retail outlet.
Complete the mailing label showing your full mailing address in the “Deliver To” field.
Please note that the Case Processing Centre in Ottawa will not return documents to a Canadian address via any other courier than a pre-paid self-addressed Expresspost envelope.

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

We are looking forward to receiving your package within 30 days to conclude your application for permanent residence in Canada.

Sincerely,

Just send it to Ottawa. It will be back fairly quickly.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Do I even need to send the passport ? I have already have a visa .
Or sending only copy of passport with pictures?

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
cyclist said:
Do I even need to send the passport ? I have already have a visa .
Or sending only copy of passport with pictures?
you have to send in your physical passport. the fact you have a TRV is irrelevant to this request. they need to insert the PR counterfoil in your passport.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Ok i will send the passport and copy of it with 2 pictures to ottowa. . Worst case senerio if my work visa expires after sending passport would that be an issue ?

pmc92

Star Member
Jul 30, 2016
Dorchester, New Brunswick, Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Ankara
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-06-2016
Doc's Request.
27-09-2016
File Transfer...
17-08-2016
Med's Done....
06-05-2016
Interview........
Waived - DM 23-01-2017
Passport Req..
25-01-2017
VISA ISSUED...
20-01-2017
LANDED..........
02-02-2017
cyclist said:
Ok i will send the passport and copy of it with 2 pictures to ottowa. . Worst case senerio if my work visa expires after sending passport would that be an issue ?
I doubt it would be an issue. You have the PPR as proof. :)

CDNPR2014

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Ottawa
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
cyclist said:
Ottawa usually takes 2-4 weeks to send Passports back, so even though it will be tight, it's not going to affect your PR approval. you may consider applying to extend your stay as a visitor online so you can benefit from "implied status", and then cancel the application when you get your COPR from the visa office. If the extension application is reviewed after you are sent your PR visa, i think the request would be cancelled by IRCC anyway.

otherwise, assuming you'll be landing immediately upon getting your approval paper, you can just risk the timing. it's not that much of a gap for it to cause any issue, IMO.

cyclist

Mar 26, 2016
Vancouver,BC, Canada
Visa Office......
Ankara
App. Filed.......
June 22,2016
Doc's Request.
December 13,2016
AOR Received.
August 16,2016
File Transfer...
August24,2016
Med's Done....
April 6,2016
Interview........
LANDED..........
17-02-2017
Ok thank you..I will send to ottowa. Thank you very very much for your time and responses CDNPR and sous02.

babazadm

Jul 12, 2016
hi,

help is appreciated.
here is the email.

 Change in health;

CPC – Ottawa – PR
365 Laurier Avenue West
Ottawa ON
K1A 1L1

Sincerely,

Hi,
Can you tell me what you finally did? Were uou able to send it to Zottawa? I am in the same situation

Exorcist

Star Member
Feb 6, 2018
How much time it takes to stamped the visa after submit the passport?
I submit my passport at vfs global on 28 May 2018 & it shows your file is in under procss. :oops::oops::oops::oops:

Reactions: Monika007