+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport requested, any chances of rejection?

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi guys. Me and my husband applied to a study visa for him and an open work permit for myself (at the same time). We just received the following message: "This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application"
I've read that this means that the visa was approved, but are there still any chances of rejection? Or is there a chance that they will give me a visitor visa instead of the work permit or anything like that?
Can we buy the flight tickets or should we wait?
Thanks!

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
I am guessing that happened after your medical passed? Did you get a approval letter or something?
I'd suggest waiting regardless.

tp_marina

Star Member
Nov 28, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
kamal1334 said:
Hi,
I am guessing that happened after your medical passed? Did you get a approval letter or something?
Yes, our medicals passed this morning and then in the afternoon we received this message. I don't know what an approval letter is exactly but the message we received had the subject "Original Passport Request", an UCI number, some bar codes, it looks pretty much like this: http://students.ubc.ca/sites/students.ubc.ca/files/styles/ls_span12_06_wide_desktop_1170x494/public/CIC_Visa%20approval%20letter_Auto%20E-mail%2008_2-KXIQ4LE.jpg?itok=fyJqJfe2
But the text is different, it says:

This is in reference to your application for temporary residence. A decision has been made on your application. We require your passport to finalize processing your application.
Passport requirements
• Please provide your passport or travel document, with a copy of this letter.
• There must be at least one blank page in your passport.
• Your passport must be valid for the duration of your expected length of stay in Canada.
• Please note that we cannot issue a visa beyond the expiry date on the passport.
Your passport must be received by Citizenship and Immigration Canada within 30 days from the date of this letter. Failure to do so could result in the refusal of your application. Please ensure that a copy of this letter is included with your passport.
To find out where to send your passport, visit our website: www.cic.gc.ca/submit .
Thank you for the interest you have shown in Canada.
Attention: The unique client identification (UCI) number in the upper left corner of this letter is your personal identification number. For your own protection, do not allow any person, other than an authorized representative, to use this number as it provides access to personal information on your file.
Citizenship and Immigration Canada

kamal1334

Star Member
Oct 26, 2015
Niagara Falls
Category........
CEC
Visa Office......
NOC Code......
File Transfer...
N/A
Med's Request
N/A
Med's Done....
N/A
Hi,
that means your visa is approved,congrats.

Helina93

Star Member
Nov 22, 2015
kamal1334 said:
Hi,
Hey, what if the passport request came in before Medicals passed? I mean after they ask for medical but before they receive the results?

crisgov

Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 25, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jun 20, 2016
Nomination.....
May 30, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2016
Med's Done....
Jul 07, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 05, 2017
It took me a few months to get my visa processed, I had to go through medicals, and also had to answer some questions in the Visa office, most of them were answered through a phone and email.

Once you get the passport request it means that more likely than not you will get your visa approved. Unless something has gone really wrong with the medicals or your financial assessment.

Good luck!

Shani19

Star Member
Oct 27, 2016
crisgov said:
It took me a few months to get my visa processed, I had to go through medicals, and also had to answer some questions in the Visa office, most of them were answered through a phone and email.

Once you get the passport request it means that more likely than not you will get your visa approved. Unless something has gone really wrong with the medicals or your financial assessment.

Good luck!
Why would passport be requested If they are not going to give visa? I mean if they are not going to stamp the visa what would they do with the passport?

crisgov

Dec 2, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
CPC-Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Sep 25, 2015
Doc's Request.
Jun 20, 2016
Nomination.....
May 30, 2015
AOR Received.
Jan 12, 2016
Med's Request
Jun 30, 2016
Med's Done....
Jul 07, 2016
Passport Req..
Jan 05, 2017
Shani19 said:
Why would passport be requested If they are not going to give visa? I mean if they are not going to stamp the visa what would they do with the passport?
I've seen some stories about people getting a ppr just to get disapproved