+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

tshumasamu

Jan 13, 2020
Hi
My daughter sent her passport to vfs in harare on friday and recieved a notification and tracking id on the email that it has been dispatched to IRCC pretoria in south africa..how long does it take for her to recieve the stamped visa and passport

DimT44

Apr 5, 2021
Hi
My daughter sent her passport to vfs in harare on friday and recieved a notification and tracking id on the email that it has been dispatched to IRCC pretoria in south africa..how long does it take for her to recieve the stamped visa and passport
Probably a couple of weeks. It's different depending on each visa office.

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
Hi
How long did she had to wait for the passport request since she received the pre arrival letter?

armoured

VIP Member
Feb 1, 2015
Thank you.. do you have any idea who sends the passport back is it the vfs or does the immigration office send it directly to my daughter
In almost all countries, it will be sent back via VFS/VFS-hired courier.

(I think exceptions are the few cases where one submits direct to embassy/consulate, but don't know for certain, and there have been in some cases temp changes due to covid)

Shahida1825

Star Member
Jan 21, 2021
She had to wait 2 months because of the dna results but once they recieved tem they responded right after 2 days of receipt
So what happened with my case I was asked to re-do my medical and police clearance after my interview and pre arrival letter received as previous ones were expired than they sent back the file imm5669 because I didn't fill up section 12. I filled it up and sent back to them and now I'm just waiting. It's been 3 months since I sent them the police clearance and medical. I'm just worried what if the police clearance gets expired again. Any idea how long they might take to make the final decision?