+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

Aug 13, 2019
hello everyone.
i applied for my wife who is living in India. i have applied under family sponsorship. file was received on July 20, 2019. i got application number on August 8th, 2019. and yesterday i got 3 emails from CIC stating that i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, and 2nd one was for biometrics collection IMM 5756 and 3rd was for medical IMM 1017. my wife is going to do medical and biometrics on monday.
and when i check application status is shows "under Process" and "medical instructions sent".
I am just wondering how long its going to take now for Passport request? can anyone please help me out regarding this? Thanks very much

Jnicole45

Jul 28, 2019
Vancouver, BC
Category........
FAM
App. Filed.......
16-05-2019
AOR Received.
24-07-2019
hello everyone.
i applied for my wife who is living in India. i have applied under family sponsorship. file was received on July 20, 2019. i got application number on August 8th, 2019. and yesterday i got 3 emails from CIC stating that i met the requirements for eligibility as a sponsor, and 2nd one was for biometrics collection IMM 5756 and 3rd was for medical IMM 1017. my wife is going to do medical and biometrics on monday.
and when i check application status is shows "under Process" and "medical instructions sent".
I am just wondering how long its going to take now for Passport request? can anyone please help me out regarding this? Thanks very much
It could still take several months. Spousal Approval is a fairly easy step (there arent many thing that can disqualify you as a sponsor and they're very clear about what those are in the application itself), all they have to do is confirm that theres no reason to disqualify you as a sponsor.

After the Medical and Biometrics are submitted and passed, your application gets transferred to a visa office, where they assess your wife's eligibility. This seems to take the longest. According to the excel tracker that this forum has put together, this can take anywhere from a few days (once it begins to be processed by the VO) to months. This is why they estimate 12 months total. Sometimes things move very quickly and then stall and you wont hear anything for a long time.