+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request?

mitchamaphone

Feb 11, 2007
Hey there, I'm hoping you knowledgeable folks can help us out a bit.

I am a Canadian citizen currently working in Japan and am sponsoring my Japanese wife for Permanent Residency. We sent in our application to CPC-Missassauga in December, and it was forwarded to the Embassy in Manila in January. We've now received a letter confirming that Manila has received our application and has started to process it. The letter also asks that we send in my wife's original passport within 45 days so that they can continue to process our application. The problem is that we plan to go to Canada in April, so if the passport is held up for some reason, we're in trouble.

Why do they need her passport so early in the process? When will we be able to get it back? Could it be that they're already set to stamp it with her Visa? Any ideas???

Thanks in advance for your help!
Michel

PMM

VIP Member
Jun 30, 2005
Hi

mitchamaphone said:

I am a Canadian citizen currently working in Japan and am sponsoring my Japanese wife for Permanent Residency. We sent in our application to CPC-Missassauga in December, and it was forwarded to the Embassy in Manila in January. We've now received a letter confirming that Manila has received our application and has started to process it. The letter also asks that we send in my wife's original passport within 45 days so that they can continue to process our application. The problem is that we plan to go to Canada in April, so if the passport is held up for some reason, we're in trouble.

Why do they need her passport so early in the process? When will we be able to get it back? Could it be that they're already set to stamp it with her Visa? Any ideas???

Michel
Tell Manila of your plans by fax and explain that you are going to Canada, and will submit the passport when you return. Mind you Manila's processing of spousal apps is 3-7 months so it is iffy if they are ready to issue visa/copr now.

PMM

Shalanni

Feb 9, 2011

Michel

I am sad to hear that. You can ask the Philippine embassy about that, they'll need to give you an another option to have the passport of your wife. I'm sure they'll happy to assist you..

pinklady

Champion Member
Jan 13, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
16-12-2010
Passport Req..
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
09-04-2011
Shalanni said:
I am sad to hear that. You can ask the Philippine embassy about that, they'll need to give you an another option to have the passport of your wife. I'm sure they'll happy to assist you..
Your comment is 4 years too late.