+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport request

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
Just think positive...i'm optimistic that your visa is approved. But you do know when are you expected to leave, right? In my case, I was already informed that i have to leave before August 9, but i still didn't get my passportes back - meaning its already approved.

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Wow! Lehcar,

I did not get such info about when i need to leave for Canada. How did you get the info about when you have to leave for Canada? Did they write to you or they called you ?

Infact , we give the visa office the whole of next week. If we do not get the passports, we will need to borrow one.I hope it wouldn't be a problem.

vmirkhani

Apr 9, 2009
Hi all
I sent my forms for Federal skilled worker 1st March 2009 , they returned me back with a letter that my job experience details were incomplete ,Could anyone please help me by sending me completed" Schedule 3 page 2 (work experience) " by e-mail that I will be able to get ideas to fill and send again .
Many Thanks for your help
Dr.Vahideh mirkhani , email: vmirkhani@yahoo.com

babutv2000

Jan 29, 2009
With regard to passport request - Inordinate delays in returning passports by visa offices, suggest that you send similar emails like below to the Minister Jason Kennedy. Hopefully he will read it and take necessary action.

"Minister" <Minister@cic.gc.ca>

Honourable Minister Jason Kennedy,

Dear Sir,

Various initiatives taken by you in the recent past to expedite visa processing times is highly commendable. Many aspirants from particularly federal skilled worker category will be much grateful for your efforts.

Would like to bring to your kind attention the issue of passport request by certain visa offices. It has been an issue raised in several forums. Some visa offices requesting for passport along with medicals
and then there is no response for several weeks and in some cases months. Some offices request for passport after medicals but ask to be delivered by only postal system and then not returned for some months.
This procedure of retaining passports for several weeks and months is greatly inconveniencing the applicants.

(a) Many will be required to travel very often on business, personal reasons.

(b) There could be emergencies requiring the applicant or dependants to travel at short notices.

(c) Some countries, passport is the only valid ID proof particularly for non-nationals like expatriates living in those countries.

Hence we request you to consider allowing applicants to visit the visa processing office and submit the passport in person. This procedure indeed followed by some visa offices like Buffalo , new york etc., This can be extended to all visa offices.

Further passport request should be made only when all other evaluation and processing is complete. Thus there should be no reason to hold passports more than say two weeks.

Hope that you will consider our request favourably and suitable action be taken in this regard.

Thanking you, Yours sincerely - Canadian Immigration aspirant

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
China Connection - date was sent through e-mail by CIC counterpart here in our country and prior to sending of our passportes it was stated when are we expected to leave. Normally that is the date when they got your medical results which would expire in a year's time. Did you get your passports already? Keep us posted

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Lehcar,

I have not received the passports yet.I am thinking of writing an email to them asking when they will send them, but i also want to wait until it is 2 months on the dot. Now it is 1 month 3 weeks since they received medicals , passports and PPR fee. So I give them the whole of next week. If i don't get the passports, i will write to them. The anoying thing is that, my case had been finalised long time ago.

Bye for now

AmitH

Apr 18, 2009
Thanks chinaconnection for your regular updates well I am from india and my dad applied for Visa a long time back
We also got our request for passport .Interestingly, they asked us to send our passports with the medical so I just wanna know how long will it take now? My Dad said it would be around 3 weeks but its around 4 now. I am so desperate because i passed out my 12 grade and i have to join a university there before the session starts and we had applied at the new delhi embassy.
Please Help....................a teenager dying here [:)]

mitchieline

Star Member
Jan 2, 2009
Chinaconnection said:
Hi.
Waiting time is 6-8 weeks. I got my passport in about 7 weeks.
Wow! China, got your passport back already! congrats! Can you post yout timeline includinf the submission of your medical result to the embassy?

thanks!

cute

Star Member
Mar 8, 2008
Hey Guyssssssssssss

Got My passport frm LA consulate with stamp in 2Weeks !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks

Sri

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Mitchieline,

Yeah i got my passport back. Just packing my things now you know hhahhahahh.

I have my timeline posted earlier on in this same thread.

Thanks

AmitH

Apr 18, 2009
Thanks China connection for your reply and congrats on your visa wishing you a new life in canada Much more splendid and jubliant than you are living now!
and one question is it seven weeks from the time they recived your passports?

Chinaconnection

Star Member
Dec 9, 2008
Hi there AmitH,

They received our passports on the 4th of March. We received the passports on the 16th of April.But the funniest thing is the visa was issued on the 25th of March,from what we saw on the visa.

So it took, 1 month 12 days or so.

AmitH

Apr 18, 2009
Nice for you sir.................well then our time should be over by now too thanks again for your reply and maybe we will meet someday in Canada!

lehcar

Nov 2, 2008
Congrats! Wishing you all the best Chinaconnection and the rest who already got their visas. When are you expected to leave? Place of destination? regards !