+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request while outside USA..Safest way to send your passort with someone

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Thanks for your responses guys...

I got my medicals done and received passport request now. But now I am in India and applied from USA...not sure how to send passport somewhere in forum I read people with similar situations ... sent their passport with friends or relatives.

My questions are:

1. Is that the only way you have to send passport through your relative or friend?

2. What is the safest way to send the passport with friend or relative?

3. What if they are caught in the security check in India or in USA? I know it is illegal to carry someone's passport in India how about USA I think same thing...what is the way out?

I would really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or help ! Thanks.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
AH said:
Thanks for your responses guys...

I got my medicals done and received passport request now. But now I am in India and applied from USA...not sure how to send passport somewhere in forum I read people with similar situations ... sent their passport with friends or relatives.

My questions are:

1. Is that the only way you have to send passport through your relative or friend?

2. What is the safest way to send the passport with friend or relative?

3. What if they are caught in the security check in India or in USA? I know it is illegal to carry someone's passport in India how about USA I think same thing...what is the way out?

I would really appreciate any feedback, suggestions or help ! Thanks.
hi AH

You can send your passports through Fedex. I believe that's the safest because if your friend or relative gets caught while going through immigration in the US, I don't know what may happen.

wilson

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2008
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
As per India govt. rules sending a passport in/out of the country by any method is illegal. But people used to do it, what they find more safe like sending with relatives. Any how, it could be risky if something happens!!!.

me2land

Aug 25, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
It is legal to send passport within or outside the US. I'm not sure about India. Buffalo will not send passports back outside the US or Canada though. If passports are seized by the US customs for security checks worst case expect 1 week delay.

¬m2l

AH

Mar 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
upp942 said:
hi AH

You can send your passports through Fedex. I believe that's the safest because if your friend or relative gets caught while going through immigration in the US, I don't know what may happen.
Thanks upp942,

But no Currier company in India is ready to ship passport to USA.

upp942

May 27, 2010
USA
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo >> Ottawa
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
25-May-2010
Doc's Request.
01-Nov-2010
AOR Received.
23-May-2011
IELTS Request
submitted with initial application
Med's Request
02-May-2012 (post mark)
Med's Done....
24-May-2012
Interview........
waived
Passport Req..
01-Nov-12
VISA ISSUED...
14-Nov-12
AH said:
Thanks upp942,

But no Currier company in India is ready to ship passport to USA.
hi AH

Oh. I apologize but I didn't know

westjet

Jan 8, 2010
The only way to send passport out of India is to send it with a person with an authorization letter. Buffalo will not return PP back to India, they can only send to US and Canada. Make sure, your friend/relative will be ready to bring PP back after stamping.

canadp

Feb 25, 2009
California
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
29-01-2009
VISA ISSUED...
29-06-2010
LANDED..........
29-07-2010
Passport sending outside from India is illegal.

You ask your New Delhi Visa Office about where to submit your passport. It is probably their office.

Do not send Passport outside India without confirming properly.