+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request : Visa Exempt Country

faheemtassadaq

Jun 21, 2014
Hello All,

We are a family of 4 (I, my wife and 2 kids). I have been asked to submit passports for I and my family for visa stamping. It is mentioned in the letter that if the passport is from a visa exempt country, then only a photocopy of the passport should be sent to the local visa office.

I have a Pakistani passport so i will submit my original passport but my wife and one kid are British Nationals and the second child is a US national. My question is since the primary applicant (i-e myself) is a citizen of the country which is not visa-exempt, do I still have to provide only the photocopies of the passport for my wife and Kids and not the original passports?

Second question is my wife and 1 kid has a UK passport and although they don't need a visa to travel to Canada but still need a prearranged travel authorization called eTA. My question is should I submit her passport or just the copy? My second son has a US passport and its clear on the website that he doesn't need any visa or eTA.

Any help in this query will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Faheem Minhas

Reactions: Pgill2609

Pgill2609

Sep 7, 2019
Hello All,

We are a family of 4 (I, my wife and 2 kids). I have been asked to submit passports for I and my family for visa stamping. It is mentioned in the letter that if the passport is from a visa exempt country, then only a photocopy of the passport should be sent to the local visa office.

I have a Pakistani passport so i will submit my original passport but my wife and one kid are British Nationals and the second child is a US national. My question is since the primary applicant (i-e myself) is a citizen of the country which is not visa-exempt, do I still have to provide only the photocopies of the passport for my wife and Kids and not the original passports?

Second question is my wife and 1 kid has a UK passport and although they don't need a visa to travel to Canada but still need a prearranged travel authorization called eTA. My question is should I submit her passport or just the copy? My second son has a US passport and its clear on the website that he doesn't need any visa or eTA.

Any help in this query will be much appreciated.

Thanks
Faheem Minhas
Just to let you know when you apply for eta it will be linked to the passport

Koopidz

Star Member
Nov 13, 2019
Nigeria
Category........
AINP
Visa Office......
Accra
NOC Code......
Doc's Request.
28-08-2019
Nomination.....
16-11-2019
AOR Received.
28-09-2019
Med's Done....
10-02-2020
Passport Req..
26-11-2020
VISA ISSUED...
O6-01-2021
Thanks. So does it mean I don't have to submit actual passport for my wife and kids?
Logically looking at it. I do not think you have to submit actual passport for your wife and kids. Since their passports do not need visas. a copy showing their valid information should be fine.

This is by no means an expert or experienced opinion, I just drew a logical conclusion from this thread.