+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Validity 30 Days

YogeshGUSA

Jul 31, 2020
Received passport request letter today for ICT visa.As per the letter Passport must be received within 30 days for stamping but I can not submit passport in US. Due to H1B expiry I will be traveling to India in a week and can not get visa stamped before my travel date. Please suggest if 30day limit is hard timeline or it will be extended and I can submit passport in India VAC for stamping.

AfricanGiant912

Star Member
Mar 8, 2020
Received passport request letter today for ICT visa.As per the letter Passport must be received within 30 days for stamping but I can not submit passport in US. Due to H1B expiry I will be traveling to India in a week and can not get visa stamped before my travel date. Please suggest if 30day limit is hard timeline or it will be extended and I can submit passport in India VAC for stamping.
if you can’t submit your passport within the 30 days time frame, you can always submit a webform to let them know about it. Why can’t you submit your passport in the US? I saw someone who said that it took 2 weeks for visa to be stamped and returned. I believe VAC in India is reopening at the end of the month so hopefully they won’t delay reopening. Good luck mate