+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Passport Request Philippines

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
Hi everyone! I just received my passport request. Currently, our application is in process in the Manila visa office. I'm Filipino citizen sponsored by my Canadian citizen spouse. But just wondering because it said in the passport request letter that I have to send it to VAC New York. Is it okay to send it to the VFS office here in Cebu, Philippines instead so it's less complicated and it's my local VAC or do I really need to send it to VAC New York as instructed? I went to VFS today and they read the letter and said that I can do either way but I just want to make sure I'm doing the right thing. Also noting that we didn't receive the letter in my IRCC account yet but we got it through email. Thank you so much!

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
What does the letter from ircc say?
For my wife, they didn’t tell her to send to any VFS… they just tell her to go VFS website and follow the directions there.
My wife is Filipino citizen living in Philippines and she sent her passport to Manila office.
Are you currently living in Philippines?

not sure why they ask you to send to VFS in new work… because after VFS receive your package… they will forward to the Manila office for processing if that’s your visa office…

Reactions: Chad4lyphe

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
Yes, I am currently in the Philippines and did my biometrics here in our local VFS office. We found it a bit confusing because our application is currently being processed in the Manila office. This is what it said in the email:

STEP 4: SUBMIT YOUR DOCUMENTS

All required documents must be submitted in one single package.

1. Submit your package to the Visa Application Center (VAC) in New York at the address below:

Visa Application Centre – New York
145 West 45th Street, 4th floor

New York NY 10036

U.S.A.

Please visit the VAC website at the link below for details on how to submit your package for secure transmission. (*Please note a service fee is applicable) If you have any questions about how to submit your original passport, please contact the VAC using the information available on the following website: https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/usa/

***PLEASE DO NOT SEND YOUR PACKAGE TO THE NEW YORK CONSULATE***

2. To submit your package in Canada:

If you are residing in Canada and if all the accompanying dependents on your application are currently in Canada and plan to be in Canada for at least three months, you must inform the Case Processing Centre – Ottawa via IRCC webform at:
https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/canada-case-cas-eng.aspx

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
That’s very weird they tell you to sent to New York VFS… maybe they copy and paste the wrong information.
After submitting the passport, VFS tracking say it is being forwarded to visa office in Manila. Are you sure your visa office is Manila? Did you get a letter saying your file was transferred to Manila?
Since you applied in may 2021… your file is moving way too fast for Manila office….
My wife applied for sponsorship in December 2019 and we just got PPR after 21 months of waiting.
My wife just got PPR last week and this is what it said:

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/

Last edited:

Joseph2021

Aug 28, 2021
My wife is Filipino citizen living in Philippines and she has received “Request for Passport.” from immigration Canada. My question is: if she won’t be able to drop her Passport in person to the local VFS office due to the Coronavirus restriction, how could she pay the transmission fee?

SKgirl

Star Member
Oct 19, 2011
SK
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Manila
As far as I know, you can submit your passport in the nearest VAC

Joseph2021

Aug 28, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message.
Here is the latest information on the VFS website:

Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only) Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.”

The VFS doesn’t allow an in person visit. My wife can only pay the transmission fee or any fee with cash. She doesn’t have other means of payment methods.

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
That’s very weird they tell you to sent to New York VFS… maybe they copy and paste the wrong information.
After submitting the passport, VFS tracking say it is being forwarded to visa office in Manila. Are you sure your visa office is Manila? Did you get a letter saying your file was transferred to Manila?
Since you applied in may 2021… your file is moving way too fast for Manila office….
My wife applied for sponsorship in December 2019 and we just got PPR after 21 months of waiting.
My wife just got PPR last week and this is what it said:

All required documents must be submitted in one single package. A) To submit your package while overseas:
Please submit your package to the nearest Visa Application Centre along with the VAC Passport Transmission fee.
For Passport Transmission instructions and fee details, please visit:
https://www.vfsglobal.ca/canada/
Yes we got lucky it went fast. Perhaps in your case it was delayed due to the office being closed for a while because of COVID.

To answer your question, yes it is being processed at the Manila office. We were told so in the Sponsor's Approval letter and both the email we got for Additional Documents Requested and Passport Request came from manilimmigration@international.gc.ca. We were also under the impression that perhaps they used the wrong template to send the email.

We sent a webform to ask just to be sure and hope to get an answer soon.

yournamehere

Aug 27, 2021
Thank you for taking the time to reply to my message.
Here is the latest information on the VFS website:

Submission of passport upon receipt of passport request letter from IRCC (via post/courier only) Submission of passport in person at the VAC is not permitted until further notice.”

The VFS doesn’t allow an in person visit. My wife can only pay the transmission fee or any fee with cash. She doesn’t have other means of payment methods.
i believe you can have her go to the bank and get a manager's check. You can also reach out to them and they can send you a step by step on how to submit your wife's passport to the local VFS via courier with all the required payments and tell you to what name to do the manager's check.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
Thank you very, very much for your guidance!!
You don’t need to pay for transmission fee if you did biometric at the same VFS before for the same application.
In my case, my wife did biometric at VFS in Manila last year and we mailed the passport ot VFS in Manila so she didn’t have to pay for transmission fee.
She only got the manager cheque for one way return courier fee.

Joseph2021

Aug 28, 2021
My Filipino wife has just received her IM-1 Visa. What is the next step? Should I buy an airline ticket and send her? Please advise.

andrew3081

Apr 6, 2018
My Filipino wife has just received her IM-1 Visa. What is the next step? Should I buy an airline ticket and send her? Please advise.
There should be instructions on with the passport and letter.
She most likely need to go sign up for tele consueling with CFO.
Without the CFO paperwork, she won’t be allowed to leave Philippines

Joseph2021

Aug 28, 2021
Thanks for the reply! There are no instructions came with the “Passport.” In her “Passport”, there is only the IM-1 “Visa with her name on it but not mentioned about “CFO” requirements.

Not knowing the “CFO” requirements, I have already booked a ticket for September 25, 2021.

How long will it takes the “CFO” process?

Should I cancel the ticket?

Thanks,